Subject: [CCG] Upcoming Changes to the IETF Trust

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:18:51 -0400

Dear CCG:

The IETF is making some changes to its administrative structure.  The
biggest change is the replacement of the IAOC with an LLC.  This
indirectly has an impact on the IETF Trust.  In the past, the members
of the IAOC also served at the trustees of the IETF Trust.  Since the
IAOC is going away, the selection mechanism for the trustees is being
replaced.  Going forward:

   In this newly revised IETF Trust structure, there will be five
   Trustees.  Three shall be appointed by the IETF Nominating Committee
   (NomCom) and confirmed by the Internet Engineering Steering Group
   (IESG), one shall be appointed by the IESG, and one shall be
   appointed by the Internet Society (ISOC) Board of Trustees.  The
   appointments by the IESG and ISOC Board of Trustees do not require
   confirmation.

You can find details of the changes to the IETF Trust here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update/

You can find an informational document about the rationale here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale/

Finally, you can find the DRAFT changes to the Trust Agreement here:
https://github.com/bradbiddle/legal-and-finance/blob/master/IETF%20Trust%20Agreement%20REDLINE%2020-FEB-14%20v%2010-OCT-18.pdf

Since the CCG exists to provide advice to the IETF Trust regarding
the IANA-related IPR, it is appropriate to highlight the changes that
are in the works and give you an opportunity to comment on them.  These
changes will be finalized soon, so please offer any comment that you
might have by the end of next week.

Thanks,
 Russ

---

From: Alan Barrett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:11:46 +0200

> On 11 Oct 2018, at 20:18, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear CCG:
> 
> replaced.

The NRO has reviewed the proposed changes, and has no objection.

Regards,

Alan Barrett
for the NRO

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:13:48 -0400

> The NRO has reviewed the proposed changes, and has no objection.

Thanks!

Russ