Subject: [CDNi] Document Action: 'Use Cases for Content Delivery Network Interconnection' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-cdni-use-cases-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:27:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use Cases for Content Delivery Network Interconnection'
  (draft-ietf-cdni-use-cases-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Martin Stiemerling and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-use-cases/

Technical Summary

  Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are commonly used for improving the
  End User experience of a content delivery service, at a reasonable
  cost.  This document focuses on use cases that correspond to
  identified industry needs and that are expected to be realized once
  open interfaces and protocols supporting interconnection of CDNs are
  specified and implemented.  The document can be used to guide the
  definition of the requirements to be supported by CDN Interconnection
  (CDNI) interfaces.  It obsoletes RFC 3570. 

Working Group Summary

There was strong consensus in the CDNI WG to publish this document
to document the use cases to be supported by the deliverables of the working group. 

Document Quality

Despite many existing CDN implementations, there are no implementations
of CDN interconnection that support the use cases presented in this document.
Many CDN technology vendors and service providers are interested in
supporting and deploying the use cases discussed in this document. 

Personnel

Francois Le Faucheur ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
Martin Stiemerling ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.