Subject: [CDNi] Re.: Data Deduplication Metadata consideration

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:13:31 -0400

​Dear All,

PLS note that we had a draft on
dedup (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jin-cdni-content-
deduplication-optimization/)
and
recently we publishedData Deduplication Metadata 1.1c
<http://www.snia.org/sites/default/files/Data%20Deduplication%20Metadata%201.1c.pdf>
in SNIA
(http://www.snia.org/sites/default/files/Data%20Deduplication%20Metadata%
201.1c.pdf ,
(pls see more details athttp://www.snia.org/tech_
activities/publicreview/cdmi ).
As mentioned by Ben during the IETF92 CDNI session, currently the
CDN Interconnection Metadata
draft (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-metadata/)
does not consider dedup and I think it is important;
your thoughts and suggestions PLEASE.
Many Thanks in advance.
Best.
Bhumip