Subject: [CDNi] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-16: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 13:12:29 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Alissa's discuss and comments (and transitively, Mirja's
comments). Specifically, I agree that the object definitions seem like
they should be PS, and that much of the motivational text seems like
input to the working group process, not output from it.

Additionally, I find the mix of using 2119 language for implementation
requirements and requirements on protocol work confusing--especially in
those sections where 2119 keywords are intermixed with the aforementioned
motivational text.

---

From: Kevin Ma J <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 22:42:15 +0000

Hi Ben,

  Thanks for the review.

  Understood on your comments.  We will follow up with Alissa and Mirja and try to clean up the doc, which will hopefully address your concerns as well.

thanx!

--  Kevin J. Ma

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:12 PM
> To: The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; Francois Le
> Faucheur; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-
> capabilities-semantics-16: (with COMMENT)
>

---

From: Kevin Ma J <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 17:14:19 +0000

Hi Ben,

  We have restructured the document; hopefully the -17 update addresses your comments.

thanx!

--  Kevin J. Ma

> From: Kevin Ma J
> Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:43 PM
> To: 'Ben Campbell'; The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; cdni-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-
>   Understood on your comments.  We will follow up with Alissa and Mirja
> and try to clean up the doc, which will hopefully address your concerns as
> well.
> 
> thanx!
> 
> --  Kevin J. Ma
>