Subject: [CDNi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-17.txt> (CDNI Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 08:58:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document:
- 'CDNI Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-17.txt> as Proposed
Standard

This is a Second IETF LC, because the document status changed from
Informational to Proposed Standard. 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document captures the semantics of the "Footprint and
   Capabilities Advertisement" part of the CDNI Request Routing
   interface, i.e., the desired meaning of "Footprint" and
   "Capabilities" in the CDNI context, and what the "Footprint and
   Capabilities Advertisement Interface (FCI)" offers within CDNI.  The
   document also provides guidelines for the CDNI FCI protocol.  It
   further defines a Base Advertisement Object, the necessary registries
   for capabilities and footprints, and guidelines on how these
   registries can be extended in the future.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2656/

---

From: Kevin Ma J <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:39:43 +0000

Hi All,

  You have hopefully seen (and read) the emails and discussion with the ADs about the FCI Semantics draft, and seen (and read) the recent draft updates.  A new last call has been issued, ending May 12.

  The -18 version addresses all the AD comments thus far.  If anyone has concerns about the elevation of the document to Standards Track or the focus on the FCI objects and decisions (while moving background discussion to appendices) please let us know.

thanx!

--  Kevin J. Ma

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 11:58 AM
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> Francois Le Faucheur
> Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-
> 17.txt> (CDNI Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics) to
> Proposed Standard
> 
>