Subject: [CDNi] Protocol Action: 'CDNI Control Interface / Triggers' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:38:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'CDNI Control Interface / Triggers'
  (draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers/

Technical Summary
This document describes the part of the CDN Interconnection Control
Interface that allows a CDN to trigger activity in an interconnected
CDN that is configured to deliver content on its behalf.  The
upstream CDN can use this mechanism to request that the downstream
CDN pre-positions metadata or content, or that it invalidates or
purges metadata or content.  The upstream CDN can monitor the status
of activity that it has triggered in the downstream CDN.

Review and Consensus
The document is well written and of good quality. It has been
reviewed by multiple active members of the working group. It has also
been through an early Appsdir review, with specific focus on JSON
specification and HTTP. 

There is strong consensus in the working group on this document. It
has been discussed clearly with many supporting the corresponding
approach and none objecting to it.

Personnel
Document Shepherd: Francois Le Faucheur
Responsible Area Director: Alexey Melnikov