Subject: [CDNi] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-finkelman-cdni-triggers-sva-extensions-00.txt

From: Ori Finkelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:01:51 +0300

Dear Colleagues,
Please note that I have submitted version 00 for trigger extensions drafts.

A few points for discussion:

*Context*
This document is currently under the context of SVA extensions.
I think it cam be generalized since there is nothing here which is specific
only for the SVA needs.

*Trigger interface versioning*
As we are changing the trigger interface, we have chosen to define it under
version 2 of the interface and explicitly define the CI/T commands that are
supported by this version.
The changed commands now have the suffix v2 to their names, to distinguish
them from the previous version.
Please see details in section 3 of this document.
Please let us know if this versioning scheme is acceptable or if other
versioning scheme is preferable.

*Trigger extensions*
We have chosen to add the array of extension objects within the trigger.v2
object.
I am still not sure if it is better to have it within the trigger object,
or a separate object within the trigger command.
As I couldn't find a separate use case, other than the trigger I have put
it in the trigger object, but I really like to get your views about it.

*Trigger extensions registry*
We have chosen to add trigger extension object names under the CDNI payload
registry with the name space CIT.
For example CIT.TimePolicy and CIT.LocationPolicy.
The other option would be to open a new sub-registry for that.

Thanks,
Ori

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:47 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-finkelman-cdni-triggers-sva-extensions-00.txt
To: Sanjay Mishra <[email-masked]>, Ori Finkelman <[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-finkelman-cdni-triggers-sva-extensions-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ori Finkelman and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-finkelman-cdni-triggers-sva-extensions
Revision:       00
Title:          CDNI Triggers Interface SVA Extensions
Document date:  2018-06-13
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          26
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-finkelman-cdni-
triggers-sva-extensions-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-finkelman-cdni-
triggers-sva-extensions/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finkelman-cdni-triggers-
sva-extensions-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-finkelman-cdni-
triggers-sva-extensions

Abstract:
   The Open Caching working group of the Streaming Video Alliance is
   focused on the delegation of video delivery request from commercial
   CDNs to a caching layer at the ISP.  In that aspect, Open Caching is
   a specific use case of CDNI, where the commercial CDN is the upstream
   CDN (uCDN) and the ISP caching layer is the downstream CDN (dCDN).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 

*Ori Finkelman*Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221647 | Mobile: +972-52-3832189 |
[email-masked]