Subject: [CDNi] AD review of draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-05

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 15:57:19 -0400

Thanks for the publication request for this document.  I have a few
comments, none of which will block last call, so I'll request last
call after I send this.  Please address these comments along with any
last-call comments and those from the area review teams.

1. Please use the new BCP 14 boilerplate and references: see RFC 8174.

2. Abstract vs Introduction:  The sentence about the SVA seems out of
place in the Abstract, and is oddly missing from the Introduction.  I
would add the first two sentences of the Abstract to the Introduction.
Then remove the first sentence from the Abstract and also remove “In
that aspect,” from the second sentence.

3. RFC 6707 defines necessary terminology, so it probably should be
normative.  I will note a downref in the last-call notice in
anticipation of that.

Barry

---

From: "Ori Finkelman (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 00:24:26 +0300

Thanks Barry for the comments.
I will submit a fixed version as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Ori

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:58:46 -0400

> Thanks Barry for the comments.

You're welcome, and thanks very much for the work on the document.

> I will submit a fixed version as soon as possible.

You can wait until after last call ends before you submit.  You'll
expect reviews from GenART, SecDir, RtgDir, and OpsDir, and there
might be suggestions from those.  You should respond to them, thank
the reviewers, and address any comments they have, which might or
might not result in text changes.

You should see a reminder when last call ends (two weeks from now),
and you can submit a new version then, at which point I'll send it to
IESG Evaluation.

Barry

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 02:54:33 +0000

Thank you for the review and suggestion below.

-Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Leiba [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:59 PM
To: Ori Finkelman (IETF) <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Subject: [E] Re: AD review of draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-05

> I will submit a fixed version as soon as possible.

You can wait until after last call ends before you submit.  You'll expect reviews from GenART, SecDir, RtgDir, and OpsDir, and there might be suggestions from those.  You should respond to them, thank the reviewers, and address any comments they have, which might or might not result in text changes.

You should see a reminder when last call ends (two weeks from now), and you can submit a new version then, at which point I'll send it to IESG Evaluation.

Barry

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:38:09 -0400

OK... last call ended, so please submit any changes you have coming
from my comments and the directorate reviews, and I'll schedule the
document for IESG Evaluation.

Thanks,
Barry

---

From: "Ori Finkelman (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 18:08:56 +0300

Thank you Barry.
I will update once a new revision is submitted.

Best regards,
Ori