Subject: [CDNi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-05.txt> (CDNI Request Routing Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:03:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document: - 'CDNI Request
Routing Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Open Caching working group of the Streaming Video Alliance is
   focused on the delegation of video delivery requests from commercial
   CDNs to a caching layer at the ISP.  In that aspect, Open Caching is
   a specific use case of CDNI, where the commercial CDN is the upstream
   CDN (uCDN) and the ISP caching layer is the downstream CDN (dCDN).
   The extensions specified in this document to the CDNI Metadata and
   FCI interfaces are derived from requirements raised by Open Caching
   but are applicable to CDNI use cases in general.

There is currently an informative reference to RFC 6707, "CDNI Problem Statement".
The reference is there to define necessary terminology, and will probably be moved to
be a normative reference in the next revision.  Please treat that Informational document
as a downref when reviewing this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.