Subject: [CDNi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-07.txt> (CDNI Request Routing Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 08:45:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to do a second last call on the following document:
- 'CDNI Request Routing Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

This second last call is specifically to consider having moved RFC 7336 to be
a normative reference, as it defines terminology required to understand this
document, and as RFC 7336 is a downref to an Informational document.
Please concentrate comments at this stage on that issue.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Open Caching is a use case of Content Delivery Networks
   Interconnetion (CDNI) in which the commercial Content Delivery
   Network (CDN) is the upstream CDN (uCDN) and the ISP caching layer
   serves as the downstream CDN (dCDN).  The extensions specified in
   this document to the CDNI Metadata and FCI interfaces are derived
   from requirements raised by Open Caching but are also applicable to
   CDNI use cases in general.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7336: Framework for Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) (Informational - IETF stream)