Subject: [CDNi] RFC 8804 on Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Request Routing Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 11:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8804

        Title:      Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) 
                    Request Routing Extensions 
        Author:     O. Finkelman,
                    S. Mishra
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-request-routing-extensions-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8804

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8804

Open Caching architecture is a use case of Content Delivery Network
Interconnection (CDNI) in which the commercial Content Delivery
Network (CDN) is the upstream CDN (uCDN) and the ISP caching layer
serves as the downstream CDN (dCDN).  This document defines
extensions to the CDNI Metadata Interface (MI) and the Footprint &
Capabilities Advertisement interface (FCI). These extensions are
derived from requirements raised by Open Caching but are also
applicable to CDNI use cases in general.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC