Subject: [CDNi] New Internet Draft: draft-sopher-cdni-footprint-types-extensions

From: Nir Sopher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 01:19:15 +0200

Hi,

We have submitted draft-sopher-cdni-footprint-types-extensions
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sopher-cdni-footprint-types-extensions/>
that extends RFCs 8006/8008 in order to address the following issue:

   - Sections 4.3.5 and 4.3.6 of [RFC8006] specify the "IPv4CIDR" and
   "IPv6CIDR" footprint types, respectively, for listing IP addresses blocks.
   Using Footprint Objects of these types, one can define an FCI Capability
   Advertisement Object footprint constraints that match IPv4 or IPv6 clients.
   Also as described in section 5 of RFC 8008, the FCI
   Capability Advertisement Object includes an array of such CDNI Footprint
   Objects. The array of Footprint Objects has a "narrowing" semantic that
   prevents the usage of IPv4/IPv6 objects together in order to create a
   footprint constraint that matches IPv4 clients together with IPv6 clients.

In the submitted draft:

   1. We add a new usecase of dCDN advertising a footprint that consists of
   both IPv4 and IPv6 client addresses, by defining a new "IPv4v6CIDR"
   Footprint Type.
   2. We also add support for ISO3166Code Footprint Type, based on ISO 3166
   country codes and regions definition. This Footprint Type allows the dCDN
   to advertise a footprint based on a specific region, for example a state in
   the USA.

We would highly appreciate it if folks can review and provide any feedback.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Sanjay & Nir