Subject: [CDNi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-uri-signing-20.txt> (URI Signing for Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 15:12:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document: - 'URI Signing
for Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI)'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-uri-signing-20.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the concept of URI Signing supports the
   content access control requirements of Content Delivery Network
   Interconnection (CDNI) and proposes a URI Signing method as a JSON
   Web Token (JWT) profile.

   The proposed URI Signing method specifies the information needed to
   be included in the URI to transmit the signed JWT, as well as the
   claims needed by the signed JWT to authorize a User Agent (UA).  The
   mechanism described can be used both in CDNI and single Content
   Delivery Network (CDN) scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-uri-signing/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2603/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4628/