Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v27.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 21:15:04 +0200

Hey,

I've just released MKVToolNix v27.0.0. This release is smallish but
important due to two bug fixes. The first is an annoying crash easily
triggered on Windows simply by using the program for a while. The
second is indubitably more important: mkvmerge was corrupting E-AC-3
frames when the "dialog normalization gain removal" functionality was
used.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 27.0.0 "Metropolis" 2018-09-26

## New features and enhancements

* mkvmerge: chapters: the timestamps of chapters read from containers or from
  chapter files can be adjusted (multiplication and addition) with the new
  `--chapter-sync` option or using the special track ID `-2` for the existing
  `--sync` option. Part of the implementation of #2358.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: adjusted & added controls for mkvmerge's new
  feature of being able to adjust chapter timestamps. Part of the
  implementation of #2358.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the GUI can now ask for confirmation when the
  user is about to create a file that won't contain audio tracks. It does this
  by default if at least one source file contains an audio track. Implements
  #2380.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: AC-3: dialog normalization gain removal was corrupting E-AC-3
  frames irreversibly by writing checksums in places where they didn't
  belong. Additionally only the first E-AC-3 frame in a Matroska was processed
  but not additional dependent frames in the same block. Fixes #2386.
* MKVToolNix GUI: fixed a leak of Windows font resources leading to a general
  slowdown and subsequent crash. Fixes #2372.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu