Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v32.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 23:10:01 +0100

Hey,

Here's MKVToolNix v32.0.0, a really small bug fix release, the most
important probably being the handling of Unicode code points > U+ffff
(e.g. Emojis). For that to work a bug-fixed libEBML is also needed,
which is why libEBML v1.3.7 is now required. It was released earlier
today.

Other than that nothing has changed for package managers since v31.0.0.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 32.0.0 "Astral Progressions" 2019-03-12

## New features and enhancements

* mkvinfo: when sizes are output the size of the element's data portion is
  output in addition to the element's total size.
* MKVToolNix GUI: info tool: the element's data portion is
  shown as an extra column.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added column "Delay" to the track list
  containing the additional delay to apply during multiplexing. Implements
  #2506.

## Bug fixes

* all: fixed handling of Unicode code points > U+FFFF. Fixes #2516.
* mkvmerge: Windows: mkvmerge was crashing with an exception when trying to
  identify certain files that can be used on Blu-rays (such as MPEG transport
  streams of MPLS play list files) and when the file name was given as a UNC
  path (e.g. `\\servername\sharename\path\to\file.m2ts`). The GUI emitted
  errors such as "the JSON output could not be parsed" in that case. Fixes
  #2507.
* MKVToolNix GUI: the portable mode wasn't detected correctly when the current
  working directory the GUI was started from wasn't the directory the GUI's
  executable file was located it. Examples for when this is the case are
  Windows' "send to" or "open with" functions. Fixes #2501.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: using button to change the current destination
  directory to one of the recently used ones did not update the file name
  according to the "make file name unique" setting. Part of the fix of #2519.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the function "set destination file name from
  selected file's name" will now only change the destination file's name but
  not its path. Part of the fix of #2519.

## Build system changes

* libEBML v1.3.7 and libMatroska 1.5.0 are now required as they fix their
  handling of Unicode code points > U+FFFF (see #2516).
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu