Subject: [Cellar] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-16.txt> (FFV1 Video Coding Format Version 0, 1, and 3) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 15:22:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Codec Encoding for LossLess
Archiving and Realtime transmission WG (cellar) to consider the following
document: - 'FFV1 Video Coding Format Version 0, 1, and 3'
  <draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-16.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines FFV1, a lossless intra-frame video encoding
   format.  FFV1 is designed to efficiently compress video data in a
   variety of pixel formats.  Compared to uncompressed video, FFV1
   offers storage compression, frame fixity, and self-description, which
   makes FFV1 useful as a preservation or intermediate video format.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This document contains a downward reference to RFC 4732.