Subject: [Cellar] Our *Last Minute* agenda for today's Cellar meeting

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 08:24:37 -0500

And Spencer apologizes for being "last minute"!

Please note the minutes from last month's meeting - we'll be asking for
approval on today's call.

Best,

Spencer

CELLAR – DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
DateTimeLocal Times
2021-10-26 21:00 Amsterdam Time Converter
<https://savvytime.com/converter/netherlands-amsterdam-to-utc-ny-new-york-city-ca-san-francisco/jun-22-2021/9pm>
Note Meeting time is anchored to Amsterdam
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Administrivia>Administrivia
<https://notes.ietf.org/#INFO>INFO:

https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/chair-notes/tree/master/interim-2021-09
Note that we’re now pointing to the Github repo for chair notes here
<https://notes.ietf.org/#WEB-CONFERENCE>WEB CONFERENCE:

https://whereby.com/cellar-interim

THERE IS NO TELEPHONE DIALIN (You can try connecting to the whereby.com link
at any time.)

We are still on whereby.com for this meeting, but still planning to move to
Meetecho for upcoming meetings. Please stay alert!
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Shared-COMIMD-for-notetaking-httpscodimdietforgnotes-cellar-virtual>Shared
COMIMD for notetaking: https://codimd.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual

   - Note that if you log in to the IETF datatracker, you’ll be able to
   edit these notes, add your name to attendee lists, etc.
   - Please ask Spencer if you have questions.

The ComiMD URL is still redirecting, but the newly official location is
https://notes.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual?edit - and that’s active now.
Please bookmark the new one when you’re redirected to it.
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Logistics-for-Meeting>Logistics for Meeting
<https://notes.ietf.org/#2021-virtual-interim-meeting-dates>2021 virtual
interim meeting dates

   - Please note our 2021 dates listed at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cellar/meetings/
   - November 23, 2021: 21:00 Paris (2000 UTC)

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Agenda-Items>Agenda Items
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Note-Well-httpswwwietforgaboutnote-well>Note Well:
https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/ <https://notes.ietf.org/#Roll-call>Roll
call

Attendees

   - Spencer Dawkins
   -

Regrets
*
*
<https://notes.ietf.org/#News-You-Can-Use>News You Can Use

   - NOTE that https://mediaarea.net/NoTimeToWait5 is December 8-10, with
   in-person and virtual registration - a lot of us are attending
   ** workshop on improving Matroska, and how to improve FFV1.
   ** the workshops are on December 8, meeting 9/10.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Proposed-final-dates-for-2022-Cellar-meetings>Proposed
final dates for 2022 Cellar meetings

   - 2022-01-25
   - 2022-02-22
   - 2022-03-29
   - 2022-04-26
   - 2022-05-24
   - 2022-06-28
   - 2022-08-23
   - 2022-09-27
   - 2022-10-25
   - 2022-12-06

ACTION Spencer did send email to the mailing list, with the proposed dates.
Spencer’s action is now to confirm with our ADs and request secretariat to
add these meetings in the datatracker
<https://notes.ietf.org/#WG-status-update>WG status update

   - draft-ietf-cellar-chapter-codecs-00 was posted 2021-10-09, in ID
   Exists New this month
   - draft-ietf-cellar-codec-07 was posted 2021-10-19, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-control-00 was posted 21-10-09, in ID Exists New
   this month
   - draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-v4-17 was posted 2021-05-25, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-flac-01 was posted 2021-04-27, in ID Exists, Expires
   soon
   - draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-08 was posted 2021-10-09, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-tags-0 was posted 2021-10-09, in ID Exists

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Milestone-review>Milestone review:

   - Previous status: Jerome is now able to focus on FFV1-v4, since we’ve
   published FFV1. ACTION Spencer to send e-mail to DISPATCH when we submit
   a (small) update. We should wait until we have a bit more text, or bigger
   issues, to publish as a draft.
   - Are we ready to submit a working group draft for EBML updates (errata
   plus additions) yet? (
   https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/ebml-specification/tree/corrections-doc
   )
   - Have we selected a new editor for FLAC?

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Discussion-on-the-call>Discussion on the call

   -

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Accept-draft-minutes-from-previous-meeting-attached-below>Accept
draft minutes from previous meeting (attached below)

   - Any objections? Please let us know on the mailing list.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Making-sure-we-have-copyright-issues-straightened-out-for-the-FLAC-specification>Making
sure we have copyright issues straightened out for the FLAC specification

   - Remember, the issue we care about right now is whether the IETF can
   publish a FLAC specification
   - Our “last Contact” for the specification we’re working with, is
   “Copyright © 2000-2009 Josh Coalson, 2011-2014 Xiph.Org
   <http://xiph.org/> Foundation” (https://xiph.org/flac/format.html)

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Discussion-on-the-call1>Discussion on the call

   -

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Matroska-issues---Discussion-on-the-call>Matroska
issues - Discussion on the call

   -

<https://notes.ietf.org/#FFV1-v4-issues---Discussion-on-the-call>FFV1 v4
issues - Discussion on the call

   -

<https://notes.ietf.org/#FLAC-issues---Discussion-on-the-call>FLAC issues -
Discussion on the call

   -

<https://notes.ietf.org/#AOB>AOB?

   -

NEXT MEETING 2021-11-23 
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Notes-from-previous-meeting-for-approval>Notes
from previous meeting for approval
<https://notes.ietf.org/#CELLAR-%E2%80%93-DRAFT-AGENDA-for-Virtual-Interim-Meeting>CELLAR
– DRAFT AGENDA for Virtual Interim Meeting
DateTimeLocal Times
2021-09-28 21:00 Amsterdam Time Converter
<https://savvytime.com/converter/netherlands-amsterdam-to-utc-ny-new-york-city-ca-san-francisco/jun-22-2021/9pm>
Note Meeting time is anchored to Amsterdam
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Administrivia1>Administrivia
<https://notes.ietf.org/#INFO1>INFO:

https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/chair-notes/tree/master/interim-2021-07
Note that we’re now pointing to the Github repo for chair notes here
<https://notes.ietf.org/#WEB-CONFERENCE1>WEB CONFERENCE:

https://whereby.com/cellar-interim

THERE IS NO TELEPHONE DIALIN (You can try connecting to the whereby.com link
at any time.)

We are still on whereby.com for this meeting, but still planning to move to
Meetecho for upcoming meetings. Please stay alert!
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Shared-COMIMD-for-notetaking-httpscodimdietforgnotes-cellar-virtual1>Shared
COMIMD for notetaking: https://codimd.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual

   - Note that if you log in to the IETF datatracker, you’ll be able to
   edit these notes, add your name to attendee lists, etc.
   - Please ask Spencer if you have questions.

The ComiMD URL is still redirecting, but the newly official location is
https://notes.ietf.org/notes-cellar-virtual?edit - and that’s active now.
Please bookmark the new one when you’re redirected to it.
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Logistics-for-Meeting1>Logistics for Meeting
<https://notes.ietf.org/#2021-virtual-interim-meeting-dates1>2021 virtual
interim meeting dates

   - Please note our 2021 dates listed at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cellar/meetings/
   - October 26, 2021: 21:00 Paris (1900 UTC)
   - November 23, 2021: 21:00 Paris (2000 UTC)

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Agenda-Items1>Agenda Items
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Note-Well-httpswwwietforgaboutnote-well1>Note
Well: https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/
<https://notes.ietf.org/#Roll-call1>Roll call

Attendees

   - Spencer Dawkins
   - Dave Rice
   - Michael Richardson
   - Jerome Martinez
   - Michael Niedermayer
   - Steve Lhomme
   - Martijn van Beurden

Regrets

   - Reto Kromer
   -

<https://notes.ietf.org/#News-You-Can-Use1>News You Can Use

   - NOTE that https://mediaarea.net/NoTimeToWait5 is December 8-10, with
   in-person and virtual registration - are Cellar people attending?
   ** workshop on improving Matroska, and how to improve FFV1.
   ** the workshops are on December 8, meeting 9/10.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Default-dates-for-2022-Cellar-meetings>Default
dates for 2022 Cellar meetings

   - 2022-01-25
   - 2022-02-22
   - 2022-03-22 (but this is IETF 113 - move it to 2022-03-29)
   - 2022-04-26
   - 2022-05-24
   - 2022-06-28
   - 2022-07-26 (but this is IETF 114 - we canceled July in 2021. Is
   canceling July the right summer month to cancel? Yes - we MIGHT be meeting
   in person, at the IETF, but too soon to know that yet)
   - 2022-08-23
   - 2022-09-27
   - 2022-10-25
   - 2022-11-22 (this is Tuesday of American Thanksgiving - does anyone
   care?)
   - 2022-12-27 (but this is winter break for most of us, so we canceled in
   2021. Maybe move it to 2022-12-06, or is that too close to the November
   meeting?

proposed final dates:

   - 2022-01-25
   - 2022-02-22
   - 2022-03-29
   - 2022-04-26
   - 2022-05-24
   - 2022-06-28
   - 2022-08-23
   - 2022-09-27
   - 2022-10-25
   - 2022-12-06
   ACTION Spencer to confirm on mailing list

<https://notes.ietf.org/#WG-status-update1>WG status update

   - draft-ietf-cellar-codec-06 was posted 2021-04-12, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-v4-17 was posted 2021-05-25, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-flac-01 was posted 2021-04-27, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-matroska-07 was posted 2021-04-12, in ID Exists
   - draft-ietf-cellar-tags-06 was posted 2021-04-12, in ID Exists

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Milestone-review1>Milestone review:

   - Previous status: Jerome is now able to focus on FFV1-v4, since we’ve
   published FFV1. ACTION Spencer to send e-mail to DISPATCH when we submit
   a (small) update. We should wait until we have a bit more text, or bigger
   issues, to publish as a draft.
   - Are we ready to submit a working group draft for EBML updates (errata
   plus additions) yet? (
   https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/ebml-specification/tree/corrections-doc
   )
   - FLAC still needs an editor to complete the work. Michael did hear back
   from Florin, and he’s unable to serve as editor, so the working group has a
   decision to make about FLAC.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Discussion-on-the-call2>Discussion on the call

   - Steve is waiting for reviews on Matroska (should we just merge
   everything? :-) Timescale looks like the tricky question, for now. Can
   start preliminary review on merged documents then. Planning to sort IDs for
   IANA (we have over 100 of them) - want to make sure this is easy to verify
   correctness.
   IANA will accept XML file for everything
   - When RFC for Matroska is published, do we have to do anything to
   update links to Internet-Drafts? No, that’s handled by IANA.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Accept-draft-minutes-from-previous-meeting-attached-below1>Accept
draft minutes from previous meeting (attached below)

   - Any objections? Please let us know on the mailing list.
   - No objections during the call.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#Matroska-issues---Discussion-on-the-call1>Matroska
issues - Discussion on the call

   - Mostly validating patches and approving them

<https://notes.ietf.org/#FFV1-v4-issues---Discussion-on-the-call1>FFV1 v4
issues - Discussion on the call

   - Jerome has ideas for proof of concepts, but not ready to share that
   yet.
   - Some questions about licensing in IETF - license on FFV1 not present,
   patch has been approved and applied. License is same as Matroska.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#FLAC-issues---Discussion-on-the-call1>FLAC issues
- Discussion on the call

   - (We noted that we don’t have the original FLAC authors involved - we
   probably need to do some homework on this, to ensure that we handle
   copyright for FLAC correctly)
   - Remember to mention the FLAC format author(s) - “Josh Coalson”,
   copyrights in 2009 and 2011 on the website
   - Martijn van Beurden would like to help, and has experience on libFLAC.
   For now, we just need to make sure that everything in the documents makes
   sense/is logical. If anything is missing, we just need to create issues (
   https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/Cellar-FLAC/issues) and PRs for that.

<https://notes.ietf.org/#AOB1>AOB?

   - Spencer welcomed Martijn van Beurden and thanked him for his offer of
   help on FLAC

NEXT MEETING 2021-10-26