Subject: [Cellar] Weekly github digest (CELLAR Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 04:30:47 -0700 (PDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification (+0/-4/💬0)
  4 issues closed:
  - Don't rely on GPL only code https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/issues/538 [enhancement] [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - Mark which elements (UIDs) need to be preserved when remuxing https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/issues/370 [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - Add some <documentation> to TrackType enum https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/issues/522 [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - Explain how to interpret timestamps of frames inside a lace https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/issues/497 [clarifications] [spec_main] 

* ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification (+6/-3/💬17)
  6 issues created:
  - "run-length encoded" for constant subframe might be confusing. (by wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/114 
  - Add caution note about different bit size for METADATA_BLOCK_HEADER (24) and METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE (32) length (by wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/113 
  - Document mapping into containers (by JeromeMartinez)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/112 
  - Document extra bit for stereo side channels (by wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/111 
  - Document how total samples in stream should be used (by wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/110 
  - Document what is allowed to change between frames (by wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/109 

  8 issues received 17 new comments:
  - #112 Document mapping into containers (1 by ktmf01)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/112 
  - #111 Document extra bit for stereo side channels (1 by wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/111 
  - #110 Document how total samples in stream should be used (2 by ktmf01, wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/110 
  - #109 Document what is allowed to change between frames (4 by JeromeMartinez, ktmf01)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/109 
  - #103 APPLICATION metadata block: riff (BWF), aiff and w64 (3 by JeromeMartinez, ktmf01)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/103 
  - #84 METADATA_BLOCK_STREAMINFO MD5 signature field is underspecified (1 by fweimer)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/84 
  - #83 Missing specification of bits-per-sample adjustment for subframes (2 by fweimer, wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/83 
  - #55 Golomb-Rice (from flac-dev) (3 by ktmf01, wader)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/55 

  3 issues closed:
  - Document extra bit for stereo side channels https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/111 
  - METADATA_BLOCK_STREAMINFO MD5 signature field is underspecified https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/84 
  - Add a "Security Considerations" section https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/issues/105 [enhancement] 

Pull requests
-------------
* ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification (+0/-10/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #503 Random Access Point clarifications (1 by robUx4)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/503 [bug] [clarifications] [spec_main] 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - make sure AttachmentLink uses a valid FileUID
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/551 [enhancement] [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - Clarify the uncompressed fourcc element
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/548 [enhancement] [clarifications] [spec_main] [spec_codecs] 
  - discourage the use of bzip2/lzo due to documentation/licensing issue
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/547 [enhancement] [spec_main] 
  - Reserve some Chapter Codec IDs in the IANA
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/537 [enhancement] [spec_main] 
  - Mark some elements as preserved during stream copy
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/545 [enhancement] [spec_main] 
  - reorder and clarify ChapterTranslate and TrackTranslate elements
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/534 [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - Clean the TrackType definition and value definitions
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/533 [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - Really deprecate TimeSlice elements
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/528 [bug] [clarifications] [spec_main] 
  - only include the definition for dead elements
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/527 [formatting] [spec_main] 
  - Rewrite the lacing section with more normative text and precise examples
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/496 [enhancement] [clarifications] [spec_main] 

* ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification (+2/-8/💬2)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - delete old to-do file (by retokromer)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/115 
  - Add a security section (by JeromeMartinez)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/108 

  1 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #96 Replace tables under RESIDUAL with text and replace RESIDUAL with Coded residual (2 by ktmf01)
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/96 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Split FORMAT in three subsections, add unsigned to signed ...
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/106 
  - Rewrite and expand explanation of interchannel decorrelation
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/98 
  - delete old to-do file
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/115 
  - Add a security section
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/108 
  - Complete rewrite of the definitions section, adding a few as well
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/95 
  - Rewrite scope
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/102 
  - Define the way the md5sum is calculated
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/100 
  - Add explanation of origin and use of wasted bits
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification/pull/94 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/ebml-specification
* https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification
* https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1
* https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/flac-specification
* https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/chair-notes