Subject: [Cfrg] First IEEE International Security In Storage Workshop

From: "David A. Mcgrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:46:50 -0800

Call For Participation
         First IEEE International Security In Storage Workshop
            December 11th, 2002 -- Greenbelt, Maryland, USA
                     http://ieee-tfia.org/sisw2002

                            Co-Sponsored by 
               IEEE Task Force for Information Assurance
             IEEE Mass Storage Systems Technical Committee

The ability to create large shared storage systems in a secure manner
has received little formal research.  A comprehensive, systems approach
to storage security is required for success of storage consolidation. 
This workshop serves as an open forum to discuss storage threats,
technologies, methodologies and deployment.

The proceedings will be published by IEEE and will be available in print
and online. Attendees will receive a preprint of the proceedings at the
workshop as well as the formal proceedings mailed after the workshop.

                           Preliminary Program
                           -------------------

Wednesday, December 11, 2002

7:30 AM  Registration and Continental Breakfast

8:30 AM  Jack Cole

Welcome: Introduction and Motivation

9:00 AM  Donald. R. Beaver

         Network Security and Storage Security: Symmetries and
         Symmetry-Breaking

9:30 AM  Alain Azagury, Ran Canetti, Michael Factor, Shai Halevi,
         Ealan Henis, Dalit Naor, Noam Rinetzky, Ohad Rodeh,
         and Julian Satran

         A Two Layered Approach for Securing an Object Store Network

10:00 AM David Samyde, Sergei Skorobogatov, Ross Anderson and 
         Jean-Jacques Quisquater

         On a new way to read data from a volatile memory

10:30 AM Break

11:00 AM Shai Halevi and Phil Rogaway

         The Disk-Sector Encryption Problem: Constructing Tweakable
         Enciphering Modes that are Secure in the Sense of a Strong PRP

11:30 AM Adrian Baldwin and Simon Shiu

         Encryption And Key Management In A SAN

12:00 PM Yevgeniy Dodis, Moti Yung

         Exposure-Resilience for Free: The Hierarchical ID-based
         Encryption Case

12:30 PM Lunch (provided)

1:30 PM  Axelle Apvrille, James Hughes

         Streamed or Detached Triple Integrity for a Time Stamped Secure
         Storage System

2:00 PM  Benjamin C. Reed, Mark A. Smith, and Dejan Diklic

         Security Considerations When Designing a Distributed File
         System Using Object Storage Devices

2:30 PM  Shuang-Yi Tang, Ying-Ping Lu and David H.C. Du

         Performance Study of Software-Based iSCSI Security

3:00 PM  Break

3:30 PM  Yongdae Kim, Fabio Maino, Maithili Narasimha,
         and Gene Tsudik

         Secure Group Services for Storage Area Networks

4:00 PM  Theodore M. Wong, Chenxi Wang and Jeannette M. Wing

         Verifiable secret redistribution for archive systems

4:30 PM  Break

5:00 PM  Jim Hughes et.al.

         Panel: Results - Commentary - Realization

6:00 PM  Adjourn

                                 Location
                                 --

The workshop will be at the Marriott Greenbelt. It is located at
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y2EB23452. The current advertised rates at
this hotel is $119 per night.

According to www.orbitz.com, there are other less expensive hotels in
the Greenbelt MD area. This is just a sample of the available rooms at
the time that this Call for Participation was prepared.

Holiday Inn GREENBELT NASA/GODDARD $119
Courtyard by Marriott Greenbelt $109
Residence Inn by Marriott Greenbelt $119
Ramada Limited College Park $58.50
Howard Johnson Express Inn - College Park $54.00
Comfort Inn & Suites $62.10
SUPER 8 MOTEL - COLLEGE PARK $50.29

The workshop has not negotiated special rates at the Workshop hotel or
other hotels in the area.

                              Transportation
                              --

The Greenbelt Marriott is accessible from Baltimore Washington Airport,
Reagan National Airport and Washington Dulles Airport. Round trip Hotel
shuttles can be purchased at your expense at each of these airports.

                             Conference Fees
                             --

The conference fees

Early Registration Before December 4, 2002
Full time Student - $50
IEEE Member - $200
Non-Member - $250

Onsite or Late Registration after December 3, 2002
IEEE Member - $250
Non-Member - $315

This includes breakfast, breaks and lunch. Does not include Hotel or
transportation.

                               Registration
                               --

Register at http://www.cryptobroker.com/SIS02/register.php. The web
site takes Visa, MC and American Express. You can also register and pay
on site with Visa, MC and American Express, cash or check.

                               Cancellation
                               --

Cancellation before December 4, 2002 is possible with a $50 handling
fee. All cancellations will be refunded after the conference. Canceling
after Dec 3, 2002 will not be refunded. For cancellations, please email
[email-masked].

                             Important Dates
                             --

Registration open -- Now
Last chance for Early Registration -- December 3, 2002
Last chance to cancel with partial refund -- December 3, 2002
Workshop -- December 11, 2002.

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg