Subject: [Cfrg] Fwd: NIST - FIPS 186-3: The Digital Signature

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:20:34 -0700

From: "Caswell, Sara J."
<[email-masked]>

To: "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:56:53 -0400

Thread-Topic: NIST - FIPS 186-3:  The Digital Signature

Thread-Index: AcnqtZ7XVTGJPCUjSyOeG13xrl8j5w==

Accept-Language: en-US

acceptlanguage: en-US

X-NIST-MailScanner: Found to be clean

X-NIST-MailScanner-From: [email-masked]

Subject: NIST - FIPS 186-3:  The Digital Signature

NIST -
Federal Information Processing Standard (FIP) Publication
186-3

NIST
announces the adoption of FIPS 186-3, The Digital Signature Standard
(see the Federal Register Notice). FIPS 186-3 is a revision of FIPS
186-2. The FIPS specifies three techniques for the generation and
verification of digital signatures: DSA, ECDSA and RSA. This revision
increases the length of the keys allowed for DSA, provides additional
requirements for the use of ECDSA and RSA, and includes requirements
for obtaining assurances necessary for valid digital
signatures.

URL to FIPS
186-3:

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips186-3/fips_186-3.pdf

URL to
Federal Register Notice (FRN):

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips186-3/frn-fips_186-3.pdf

--Paul Hoffman, Director

--VPN Consortium