Subject: Re: [Cfrg] [saag] GOST algorithms descriptions

From: "Gregory S. Chudov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:51:49 +0400

> (id-GostR3411-94-CryptoProParamSet) in all situations. Given that all
> (?)  IETF GOST standards use this param set, why not provide test
> vectors for it rather than the (otherwise unused) TestParamSet?

My understanding is that the drafts are an exact translation of the
official standard,
including the examples, as published in 1994. That kind of makes those examples
reliable and official, but of course additional examples wouldn't hurt.

Also, there is an example of gost3411-94 digest with gost3410-2001
signature in rfc4491.txt.
The bad news is that only the source data and final result (signature
value) are provided there,
with no intermediate values.

---

From: Basil Dolmatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:54:12 +0400

> My understanding is that the drafts are an exact translation of the
Yes, they are.
> with no intermediate values.
It is not "bad news", it is "obvious thing" concerning the fact that the 
purpose of this publication is to provide for the reference the 
translation to English of Russian GOST cryptography standards texts, so 
it can contain the standard texts only (no additions, no changes, no 
deletions).

The only thing we have done it that we consulted with the authors of the 
standards about proper English wording in some places where translation 
was not so obvious and demanded the deep knowlegde of the subject field.

dol@