Subject: [Cfrg] new fECC draft version

From: David McGrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:39:10 -0700

Hi,

a new version of the draft is available.  Comments are welcome; please  
copy this list.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mcgrew-fundamental-ecc-02.txt

David

---

From: Jack Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:35:15 -0400

> a new version of the draft is available.  Comments are welcome; please  

This seems a very useful reference. On a quick read, one suggestion I
had was it would be useful to mention the possibility of side-channel
and fault attacks, and if possible, countermeasures that might be
taken. I think this is important because in some environments this is
the most likely attack that will actually be encountered.

A more accessible reference for Jacobian coordinates might be useful
as well; referencing a 1986 issue of 'Advances in Applied Mathematics'
is useful for the purposes of patent prior art, but probably is quite
hard to actually track down unless you have access to a university
research library.

-Jack