Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 01:44:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Augmented Password-Authenticated Key Exchange (AugPAKE)
        Authors         : SeongHan Shin
                          Kazukuni Kobara
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-02-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a secure and highly-efficient augmented
   password-authenticated key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user
   remembers a low-entropy password and its verifier is registered in
   the intended server.  In general, the user password is chosen from a
   small set of dictionary whose space is within the off-line dictionary
   attacks.  The AugPAKE protocol described here is secure against
   passive attacks, active attacks and off-line dictionary attacks (on
   the obtained messages with passive/active attacks).  Also, this
   protocol provides resistance to server compromise in the context that
   an attacker, who obtained the password verifier from the server, must
   at least perform off-line dictionary attacks to gain any advantage in
   impersonating the user.  The AugPAKE protocol is not only provably
   secure in the random oracle model but also the most efficient over
   the previous augmented PAKE protocols (SRP and AMP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: SeongHan Shin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 19:25:50 +0900

Dear all,

I posted an -01 I-D adding a test vector of AugPAKE.

Any comments are welcome!
Best regards,
Shin

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Cfrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg
>

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
SeongHan Shin
Research Institute for Secure Systems (RISEC),
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST),
Central 2, 1-1-1, Umezono, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8568 Japan
Tel : +81-29-861-2670/5284
Fax : +81-29-861-5285
E-mail : [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: David McGrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:45:35 -0500

Thanks Shin.

I'd like to call for reviewers on this draft, to read it over and send 
comments to the authors and the list.   Any volunteers?

David

On 02/04/2014 05:25 AM, SeongHan Shin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM, <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>     tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org>.
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> E-mail : [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Rene Struik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:06:35 -0500

Hi David:

I can give this a careful look.

Rene

-- 
email: [email-masked] | Skype: rstruik
cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 | US: +1 (415) 690-7363