Subject: Re: [Cfrg] CFRG Spring 2014 Interim Meeting on ECC: request for input

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:36:44 +0300

The times on the Doodle poll are UTC? EST? PST? Something else?

-----Original Message-----
From: "David McGrew" <[email-masked]>
Sent: ‎10/‎04/‎2014 14:13
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>; "Igoe, Kevin M." <[email-masked]>; "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>; "Sean Turner" <[email-masked]>; "Joseph Salowey" <[email-masked]>; "Eric Rescorla" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Cfrg] CFRG Spring 2014 Interim Meeting on ECC: request for input

There is broad interest in the use of new elliptic curve cryptography 
mechanisms, and the Transport Layer Security (TLS) Working Group in 
particular has asked CFRG for input on what mechanisms are suitable for 
use in that protocol.   At the IETF89 meeting of the CFRG, it was 
decided to hold an interim meeting via teleconference, in order to allow 
more time for presentations and discussions on elliptic cryptography, 
and to also be more inclusive of CFRG members that do not typically 
attend IETF meetings. Presentations are invited on elliptic curve 
cryptography mechanisms (including both curves and algorithms), their 
security, their performance, and criteria for their selection and use in 
IETF standards.   Preference will be given to presentations that cover 
published documents, if time is limited.

If you are interested in attending, please complete the doodle poll at 
http://doodle.com/cqg7eu9m3xugwrps and vote on the time and day for the 
meeting.   We are targeting  April 28 through May 2. Duration is to be 
determined by number of presenters, but the target will be two to three 
hours.

If you are interested in presenting, respond to this email with a 
description of your presentation that includes a title, a short summary 
of the contents, and a duration.

The meeting will use Webex (http://www.webex.com/), and participants 
should verify that they can use that software as needed to view or 
present slides.

David and Kevin

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg

---

From: David McGrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:22:06 -0400

> The times on the Doodle poll are UTC? EST? PST? Something else?

EDT.   I amended the poll to reflect this.   Thanks for pointing out the 
ambiguity.

David

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> From: David McGrew <mailto:[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>; Igoe, Kevin M. 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>; Stephen Farrell 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>; Sean Turner 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>; Joseph Salowey <mailto:[email-masked]>; 
> Eric Rescorla <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:28:22 -0700

> The times on the Doodle poll are UTC? EST? PST? Something else?

The top of the poll says they are in EDT.

--Paul Hoffman

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 17:30:33 +0300

Thanks

On Apr 10, 2014, at 5:22 PM, David McGrew <[email-masked]> wrote:

> EDT.   I amended the poll to reflect this.   Thanks for pointing out the ambiguity.
> 
> David
> 
>> From: David McGrew
>> To: [email-masked]; Igoe, Kevin M.; Stephen Farrell; [email-masked]; Sean Turner; Joseph Salowey; Eric Rescorla