Subject: [Cfrg] fwd: NIST Request Comments on FIPS 186-4, Digital Signature Standard

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:59:06 -0700

If anyone feels like it is a good time to raise issues with 186-4,
now is the time.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/10/20/2015-26539/federal-information-processing-standard-fips-186-4-digital-signature-standard-request-for-comments
<<

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) requests
comments on Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 186-4,
Digital Signature Standard, which has been in effect since July 2013.
FIPS 186-4 specifies three techniques for the generation and
verification of digital signatures that can be used for the protection
of data: the Rivest-Shamir-Adleman Algorithm (RSA), the Digital
Signature Algorithm (DSA), and the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature
Algorithm (ECDSA), along with a set of elliptic curves recommended for
government use. NISTis primarily seeking comments on the recommended
elliptic curves specified in Appendix D of the FIPS, but comments on
other areas of the FIPS will also be considered. FIPS 186-4 is available
at http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/NIST.FIPS.186-4.

This document has a comment period that ends in 43 days (12/04/2015).

-- 
Mark D. Baushke <[email-masked]>
Juniper Networks, Inc.