Subject: [Cfrg] Questions about contents of PAKE drafts

From: "Stanislav V. Smyshlyaev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 18:34:43 +0400

Good afternoon, dear colleagues!

As Kenny Paterson suggested yesterday, I'd like to send our questions
related to our SESPAKE document (that I enumerated in my slides yesterday)
to the mailing list.

They were asked in the context of SESPAKE but are applicable to all PAKE
documents in some way.

- Should we include the optimization techniques in the document?
- Should we describe common anonymization methods in the document?
- Should we include comments about security against specific subtle attack
scenarios (cf. attacks on SPEKE)?
- Should we define some "`default"' algorithms and parameters (e.g. SHA-3
and Ed25519 curve) for use with the protocol?
- The current examples now are for the Russian Stribog hash and elliptic
curves --- for which algorithms should we include examples in the final
version?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Best regards,
Stanislav Smyshlyaev