Subject: [Cfrg] PAKE selection process - review how PAKEs fit to IKEv2

From: "Valery Smyslov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:34:00 +0300

(sorry for cross-posting)

Hi,

on CFRG secretary request I volunteered to prepare a review of how 
each of the eight PAKE candidates can be integrated into the IKEv2. 
The review is in the form of I-D (see below).

Conclusion: IKEv2 is flexible enough to accommodate any
of the PAKE candidates. There is already a framework
for integrating PAKE protocols into IKEv2, defined in RFC6467.
Unfortunately, it has an "Experimental" status and is not widely
supported, but I still think using it is a good way to go.
The draft also discusses some alternative approaches.

Comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Valery Smyslov.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:11 AM
To: Valery Smyslov
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Valery Smyslov and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake
Revision:	00
Title:		Usage of PAKE Protocols with IKEv2
Document date:	2019-09-09
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		16
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-smyslov-ikev2-pake

Abstract:
   This memo discusses how PAKE (Password Authenticated Key Exchange)
   protocols can be integrated into the IKEv2 (Internet Key Exchange)
   protocol.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat