Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 04:19:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Pairing-Friendly Curves
        Authors         : Yumi Sakemi
                          Tetsutaro Kobayashi
                          Tsunekazu Saito
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves-04.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2020-04-28

Abstract:
   Pairing-based cryptography, a variant of elliptic curve cryptography,
   has received attention for its flexible and applicable functionality.
   Pairing is a special map defined over elliptic curves and it can be
   applied to construct several cryptographic protocols such as
   identity-based encryption, attribute-based encryption, and so on.  At
   CRYPTO 2016, Kim and Barbulescu proposed an efficient number field
   sieve algorithm named exTNFS for the discrete logarithm problem in a
   finite field.  Several types of pairing-friendly curves such as
   Barreto-Naehrig curves are affected by the attack.  In particular, a
   Barreto-Naehrig curve with a 254-bit characteristic was adopted by a
   lot of cryptographic libraries as a parameter of 128-bit security,
   however, it ensures no more than a 100-bit security level due to the
   effect of the attack.  In this memo, we summarize the adoption status
   of pairing-friendly curves in standards, libraries and applications,
   and classify them in 128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit security levels.
   Then, from the viewpoints of "security" and "widely use", we select
   the recommended pairing-friendly curves considering exTNFS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yumi Sakemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 20:23:13 +0900

Dear CFRG members

We have submitted version 04 of our draft "Pairing-Friendly Curves".
Version 04 had editorial updating.
In detail, we updated the abstract and introduction, and reflected a
result of English proofreading.

Best regards,
Yumi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2020年4月28日(火) 20:19
Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-pairing-friendly-curves-04.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg

-- 
Yumi Sakemi
Lepidum Co. Ltd.
E-Mail: [email-masked]