Subject: [Cfrg] Allison Mankin's Yes on draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Allison Mankin via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 21:38:21 -0700

Allison Mankin has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad this document has progressed. My only comment is that it is a bit
disorganized before it gets to the substance. It only states its purpose well
in the abstract (which I often skip at first) and it describes two problems it
will address: the issue of HSM not allowing a private key operation and the
issue of length differences.On the length point, it says "previously discussed"
but did not previously discuss it. So maybe a clarifying edit of the first
couple pages would be good