Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 07:54:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Usage Limits on AEAD Algorithms
        Authors         : Felix Günther
                          Martin Thomson
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-08-14

Abstract:
   An Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithm
   provides confidentiality and integrity.  Excessive use of the same
   key can give an attacker advantages in breaking these properties.
   This document provides simple guidance for users of common AEAD
   functions about how to limit the use of keys in order to bound the
   advantage given to an attacker.  It considers limits in both single-
   and multi-user settings.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/