Subject: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 02:51:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : The memory-hard Argon2 password hash and proof-of-work function
        Authors         : Alex Biryukov
                          Daniel Dinu
                          Dmitry Khovratovich
                          Simon Josefsson
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-03-11

Abstract:
   This document describes the Argon2 memory-hard function for password
   hashing and proof-of-work applications.  We provide an implementer-
   oriented description with test vectors.  The purpose is to simplify
   adoption of Argon2 for Internet protocols.  This document is a
   product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG) in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Loup Vaillant-David <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 18:08:17 +0100

Section 3.4.2:

> 1.  If l is the current lane, then W includes the indices of all
>     blocks in the last SL - 1 = 3 segments computed and finished,
>     as well as the blocks computed in the current segment in the
>     current pass excluding B[i][j-1].

At long last, the correction I asked for in January 2017 is being
carried out (though its seems the PDF[1] has yet to be re-generated).

Thank you,
Loup.

[1]: 
https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2/blob/master/argon2-specs.pdf

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 19:28:07 +0000

My understanding is that this version addresses all outstanding comments from the IRSG review and IESG conflict review, and is ready to go to the RFC Editor for publication. 

Colin

> On 11 Mar 2021, at 10:51, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> CFRG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/