Subject: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 10:28:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Hybrid Public Key Encryption
        Authors         : Richard L. Barnes
                          Karthik Bhargavan
                          Benjamin Lipp
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-09.txt
	Pages           : 103
	Date            : 2021-05-26

Abstract:
   This document describes a scheme for hybrid public-key encryption
   (HPKE).  This scheme provides authenticated public key encryption of
   arbitrary-sized plaintexts for a recipient public key.  HPKE works
   for any combination of an asymmetric key encapsulation mechanism
   (KEM), key derivation function (KDF), and authenticated encryption
   with additional data (AEAD) encryption function.  We provide
   instantiations of the scheme using widely used and efficient
   primitives, such as Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman key agreement,
   HKDF, and SHA2.

   This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG)
   in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-09.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/