Subject: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-cpace-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 12:49:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : CPace, a balanced composable PAKE
        Authors         : Michel Abdalla
                          Bjoern Haase
                          Julia Hesse
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-cpace-03.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2021-11-15

Abstract:
   This document describes CPace which is a protocol for two parties
   that share a low-entropy secret (password) to derive a strong shared
   key without disclosing the secret to offline dictionary attacks.
   This method was tailored for constrained devices, is compatible with
   any group of both prime- and non-prime order, and comes with a
   security proof providing composability guarantees.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-cpace/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-irtf-cfrg-cpace-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-cpace-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Julia Hesse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:59:37 +0100

Dear CFRG,

the cpace draft did undergo some major restructuring lately, and we 
incorporated the latest findings from the security analyses in [1],[2]. 
We would appreciate a review by CFRG at this point.

In particular, we were asking ourselves the following questions:

- Is the “object” notation for hash function and group environment clear?

- Should we explicitly consider both initiator/responder + parallel 
version or only focus on one setting for conciseness?

- What is the best way for prepending field lengths to octet strings? 
(Current suggestion: UTF8)

- Overall length: is it too long? Any suggestions for shortening?

Best,
Julia (on behalf of all authors)

[1] https://eprint.iacr.org/2021/114
[2] https://eprint.iacr.org/2021/696

Am 11/15/2021 um 9:49 PM schrieb [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> CFRG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg