Subject: [CFRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-spake2-26.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 14:18:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : SPAKE2, a PAKE
        Authors         : Watson Ladd
                          Benjamin Kaduk
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-spake2-26.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2022-02-08

Abstract:
   This document describes SPAKE2 which is a protocol for two parties
   that share a password to derive a strong shared key without
   disclosing the password.  This method is compatible with any group,
   is computationally efficient, and SPAKE2 has a security proof.  This
   document predated the CFRG PAKE competition and it was not selected,
   however, given existing use of variants in Kerberos and other
   applications it was felt publication was beneficial.  Applications
   that need a symmetric PAKE (password authenticated key exchange) and
   where hashing onto an elliptic curve at execution time is not
   possible can use SPAKE2.  This document is a product of the Crypto
   Forum Research Group (CFRG) in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-spake2/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-spake2-26

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-spake2-26

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts