Subject: [CGA-EXT] no more work to do for DHCP with CGAs?

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:23:21 +0800

Dear all,

I am recently going over the charter of SEND and CGA Extensions BOF. It
lists an item for DHCP support for CGAs. It recalls me there was a
discussion that DHCP IA option could be used to meet the network management
purpose. DHCP IA option can be used to assign the CGA that is proposed by
the host. It concluded that there is no more work to do for DHCP with CGAs.

However, in my opinion, DHCP could do more to support CGAs. See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-sendcgaext-cga-config-00.txt
There are at least two more things DHCP can do for CGAs: a, to propagate the
configuration information that CGA needed, such as the public key of proxy;
b, to delegate the large computational burden of generating CGAs with high
sec value. There are still a lot works to do to make the above requirement
feasible.

Best regards,

Dr. Sheng JIANG

IP Research Department, Networking Research Department, Network Product
Line, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.

_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext