Subject: [CGA-EXT] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt]

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:56:29 +0200

Hi,

Please review and comment this document. We will ask for adoption of 
this document as WG item shortly, so it would be great if people had 
read it and provide feedback.

Regards, marcelo

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: 	I-D Action:draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt
Fecha: 	Wed, 28 May 2008 02:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
De: 	[email-masked]
Responder a: 	[email-masked]
Para: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Securing Neighbour Discovery Proxy Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : G. Daley, J. Combes
	Filename        : draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2008-05-28

Neighbour Discovery Proxy is used to provide an address presence on a
link from nodes which are no themselves present.  It allows a node to
receive packets directed at its address by allowing another device to
neighbour advertise on its behalf.

Neighbour Discovery Proxy is used in Mobile IPv6 and related
protocols to provide reachability from nodes on the home network when
a Mobile Node is not at home, by allowing the Home Agent to act as
proxy.  It is also used as a mechanism to allow a global prefix to
span multiple links, where proxies act as relays for neighbour
discovery messages.
Neighbour Discovery Proxy currently cannot be secured using SEND.
Today, SEND assumes that a node advertising an address is the address
owner and in possession of appropriate public and private keys for
that node.  This document describes how existing practice for proxy
Neighbour Discovery relates to Secured Neighbour Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-csi-sndp-prob-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext