Subject: [CGA-EXT] draft-kukec-csi-hash-threat: changes between version -01 and version -02

From: Ana Kukec <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:53:11 +0200

Hi all,

Since the adoption call was made for draft-kukec-csi-hash-threat-01 
which is not available in repositories (new version (-02) has been 
submitted), below is the quick summary of changes between version -01 
and -02.

--
The following sections has been changed:
- Section 1. Introduction: The text about two new references has been 
introduced, related to sha1 collisions (paper "Finding Collisions in the 
Full SHA-1", CRYPTO 2005) and collisions in X.509 certificates (paper 
"Chosen-Prefix Collisions for MD5 and Colliding X.509 Certificates for 
Different Identities", EUROCRYPT 2007: 1-22).

- Section 3.2. Attacks against PKIX certificates in ADD process: The 
text about threats caused by the X.509 colliding certificates with the 
same identity and signature, but different public key has been introduced.

- Section 4.1 Hash algorithm option: The structure of the hash algorithm 
option has been changed (each field is 8-bit sized, reserved field is 
moved to after relevant fields (HA-KH, HA-DS, DS)).

- Section 6. IANA Considerations: The numeric values for HA-KH, HA-DS 
and DS fields have been changed to TBD. The hash algorithm option has 
been changed to TBA.

- Section 7. References: New references added, related to sha1 
collisions (paper "Finding Collisions in the Full SHA-1", CRYPTO 2005) 
and collisions in X.509 certificates (paper "Chosen-Prefix Collisions 
for MD5 and Colliding X.509 Certificates for Different Identities", 
EUROCRYPT 2007: 1-22).

--

Sorry for the confusion,
Ana

_______________________________________________
CGA-EXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cga-ext

---

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:06:47 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Ana. Folks, given that the adoption call was justified by version -01, it is even more the case with
version -02. 

Let's just continue the adoption call with this -02 version.

----- Original Message ----
> From: Ana Kukec <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 1:53:11 PM
> Subject: [CGA-EXT] draft-kukec-csi-hash-threat: changes between version -01 and version -02
> 
> Hi all,
>