Subject: [cicm] CICM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:49:57 -0400

To the CICM Forum,

L-3 Communications Systems East supports approval of the CICM standard
by the IETF.  In our view, it is necessary to have a cryptographic
module interface specification to enhance standardization of
cryptographic products throughout the commercial and government domains.
The common command set and structures described in the CICM standard
allow greater reuse of cryptographic products and designs from various
suppliers across divergent platforms and applications - thus offering
the promise of reducing overall development, integration and test cost
for the cryptographic systems.  Such a specification enhances the
security posture of future systems we will use, develop, and/or depend
on.

Thank you for your consideration.

James L Howard

Director and Chief Engineer, Secure Space and Sensors Systems (S4)

L-3 Communications, Communication Systems-East

1 Federal Street

Camden, NJ 08103

[email-masked]

(856) 338-3504