Subject: [clue] Notes: 5/12/11

From: "Brian Baldino (bbaldino)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:04:32 -0700

Definitions

    Where to put definitions?  Single place?  In each document?  Putting
them in each document would require them to be kept in sync.

    -->Definitions should be from the viewpoint of the user in the room
('left camera' = left camera in the room)

    -->Stephan Wenger will create a separate document just to maintain
definitions

Requirements

    -->Go through requirements document and match it against the new
definitions doc to make sure everything lines up

    Too abstract?  Should 4 be dropped?

    Requirement 4 is 'session level' and requirement 7 is 'media level'?

    -->Requirements 4 and 5 will refer to 'endpoint characteristics'
which will be defined in the doc

    -->Requirement 7 made more specific

    -->Evolve requirements with the document, clean requirements
document up in terms of making things that should be specific are
specific and things that should be more broad are broad

    How specific should requirements be?  Where does the line get drawn
between requirements and solution?

    Requirement 15: Mobile-type clients would prefer that mixing is done
by the far end, so there should be a way for a client to request such a
stream (pre-mixed)

    -->No problem with requiring that such a request should be able to
made as long as it's not a requirement that it has to be fulfilled (far
end must always be able to mix)

    -->Further discussion will continue between Allyn, Stephan, Steve
Botzko and Ericsson team (who proposed the change)