Subject: Re: [clue] definitions

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:36:48 -0400

I'm not aware of any procedure having been adopted for managing 
definitions. As long as all the documents are individual drafts, it is 
really up to the authors to sort it out among themselves.
Once one or more become wg drafts, we need to be more formal.

Since the requirements doc is the first one to become a wg draft, it 
should, for now, be definitive for the definitions it contains. If you 
have to coin some new definitions while producing the first wg draft, 
then I guess you just do it, and they can be collected in the 
definitions doc.

As other docs become wg drafts this will get more complex.

Regardless, I would like to see more list discussion about this stuff.
(I'm including the list in this reply.)

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 7/1/2011 10:47 PM, Duckworth, Mark wrote:
> Sorry, I don’t know what our procedure is for that.
>
> *From:*Allyn Romanow (allyn) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> *Sent:* Friday, July 01, 2011 10:40 PM
> *To:* Duckworth, Mark
> *Cc:* Paul Kyzivat (pkyzivat); Mary Barnes
> *Subject:* definitions
>
> Hey..
>
> Do you know the protocol for definitions?.. when we put new definitions
> in our doc, do we send a note to Stephan to have them put in his doc.
> And he brings them up for discussion before putting them in.. or exactly
> what is the process?
>
> thanks
>

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:00:40 -0700

I plan to rev the definition draft shortly to reflect WG drafts and the
outcome of the mailing list discussions.
I don't think we need any formal procedure for this draft (or any other
draft not intended for publication).  The draft was meant as a tool to
help making other drafts consistent.  We are IMO almost at this stage, and
I would not be surprised if the forthcoming version of definitions would
be the last one...
Stephan

On 7.2.2011 07:36 , "Paul Kyzivat" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Sorry, I don¹t know what our procedure is for that.
>>
>_______________________________________________
>clue mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue