Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:56:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An XML Schema for the CLUE data model
        Authors         : Roberta Presta
                          Simon Pietro Romano
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-02.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2014-01-27

Abstract:
   This document provides an XML schema file for the definition of CLUE
   data model types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:04:54 +1100

Hello Simon and Roberta,

Thanks for the updated draft. A few comments / questions:

1. Clause 1 - 3 paragraph indicates "a straw man proposal". As this is 
now a WG draft I think that paragraph could be removed.

2. Clause 3 paragraph above XML - The text refers to 
"I-D.romanow-clue-data-model", is it still relevant to refer to this 
expired document given the framework is the main document?

3. Clause 3 - Capture Encoding type: The type has elements for 
"captureParameters" and "encodingParameters". The framework doesn't 
allow parameters to be returned in a configure so these should be removed.

4. Clause 10.6 & 10.7
For the MCC captures a "composed" and "switched" element has been added 
(10.7 & 10.8) as attributes. However there are no "composed" or 
"switched" attributes in the framework. Is this a proposal to add them 
back in? otherwise the two documents won't be aligned.

4a: Clause 10.6: Editorial nit:  ...can be alternative <remove "or"> a 
single media...

5. Clause 10.11 Single
I was at first confused by this as it wasn't in the framework and I also 
confused it with the case MCC(VC1). Would it be possible to add a note 
indicating that the MCC(VC1) case where the MCC contains a single 
individual CaptureID is not the same as the use of <single>. Maybe 
rather than say "single" we could use "individual" for the element name?

Also during discussions it was also noted that it should be possible to 
specify an MCC without any captureIDs. So the XML should probably 
indicate "minoccurs="0".

6. Clause 10.13 Priority: This is actually contained in the framework. 
So the reference could be updated and I-D.groves-clue-capture-attr removed.

7. Clause 10.14 Language: As per above comment. Its now part of the 
framework.

8. Clause 10.17 Related to: As per above. Its now part of the framework.

9. Clause 10.??
The CLUE framework clause 7.2.1.3 has the synchronisation identity. This 
appears to be missing from the data model?

10. Clause 11.1 AudioChannelFormat: We had a discussion on the list 
previously 
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/clue/current/msg02778.html) 
requirements regarding using an integer to indicate the format rather 
than "mono", "stereo" etc. Should we update the framework and data model 
to align with the requirements?

11. Clause 12.1 Embeddedtext: This is included in clause 7.1.1.13 of the 
framework. So the last two sentences could be removed.

12. Clause 15.3: Is the media type needed here? The media type would be 
associated with the individual captures. It seems like a duplication.

13. Clauses 16/17/18: With the decision to use SDP for encodings could 
these sections be removed?

Regards, Christian

On 27/01/2014 9:56 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>