Subject: [clue] Terminology

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:44:06 -0500

Hi all,

Given the concerns raised that there wasn't true consensus during the call
for consensus on "referencing" draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy,
we'd like to keep the discussion open for a few weeks.  Other than the
information on slide 7 of Mark's presentation, the discussion was rather
theoretical.  Thus, the proposal is that people review the framework
document for an eye for terms that could lead to a misunderstanding of the
CLUE framework.

If people can identify specific text in the document and explain why they
believe the term used in the CLUE document is misleading, then we can
discuss each instance and determine if the WG agrees that we need to make
changes.

It is *really* important for people to keep in mind that the critical
deliverables for the WG at this point are the solution documents.  If the
terminology doesn't lead to errors in the protocol or misunderstanding of
the solution details, then do we really have a problem?

Given how far along we are with the framework and the planned WGLC in 5
weeks time,  the deadline for identifying specific text/terms in the CLUE
framework that are problematic is August 14, 2014.

Regards,

Mary

as WG co-chair