Subject: [clue] signaling v5, references to obsolete protocol state machines

From: Roberta Presta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:09:51 +0200

Dear all,

in Section 5.1 of the signaling draft, last paragraph, there is a 
reference to obsolete state machines (protocol draft version 1).
In the current state machines, there aren't state transitions related to 
SDP negotiations.
I propose to simply replace the text as follows:

"A device with the CLUE participant state machine in the ACTIVE state 
MAY choose not to send a new ADV or a new CONF based on the SDP state.
Similarly, a device MAY choose to delay initiating a new SDP exchange 
based on the state of their CLUE state machines."

Otherwise, another possibility is replacing the old state names with the 
new ones. The paragraph would then look as follows:
"A device with the CLUE participant state machine in the ACTIVE state 
MAY choose not to move from ESTABLISHED to ADV (media provider state 
machine) or from CONF to WAIT FOR CONF RESPONSE (media consumer state 
machine) based on the SDP state.  See [I-D.ietf-clue-protocol] for CLUE 
state machine specifics. Similarly, a device MAY choose to delay 
initiating a new SDP exchange based on the state of their CLUE state 
machines."

Regards,

Roberta

----
5x1000 AI GIOVANI RICERCATORI
DELL'UNIVERSITÀ DI NAPOLI
Codice Fiscale: 00876220633
www.unina.it/Vademecum5permille

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:44:19 +1000

Hello Roberta,

I'm OK with either. A slight preference for the first option.

Regards, Christian

On 23/04/2015 3:09 AM, Roberta Presta wrote:
> In the current state machines, there aren't state transitions related 
> to SDP negotiations.
> Otherwise, another possibility is replacing the old state names with 
> the new ones. The paragraph would then look as follows:
> machine) based on the SDP state.  See [I-D.ietf-clue-protocol] for 
> CLUE state machine specifics. Similarly, a device MAY choose to delay 
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>