Subject: [clue] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-clue-framework-24: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 05:44:40 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-clue-framework-24: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As reviewed by Eric Vyncke in his OPS-DIR review (mainly for
documentation purposes):
 This rather long I-D is quite clear and easy to understand with multiple
examples. I found nothing in this framework document which could cause
operational issues.

The CLUE devices are able to detect other CLUE-enabled devices which is
of course good for migration/interoperation.

Unrelated to this specific ID (so feel free to ignore) but more on the
other documents (data model & protocol): the protocol extensions are
briefly mentioned in this framework document section 11, but, can the WG
take special care in versioning the CLUE protocol (as proposed in the
current protocol I-D) as well as allowing extension of the finite set of
values for some information? For exemple, the "view" (section 7.1.1.8)
has only a limited set of values and there appears to have no way to
extend it, is there an intent to open a  IANA registry for those values?
Probably not as the IANA considerations are 'none'. Does CLUE WG (or
another) have the intent to develop a YANG model? It does not appear in
the CLUE WG charter.

As a small nit, I would suggest to move the long section 12 (informative
examples) as an appendix.