Subject: [clue] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-clue-rtp-mapping-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 07:08:03 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-clue-rtp-mapping-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-rtp-mapping/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my DISCUSS point.  I'm leaving the other comments
below for posterity; I think most of them have been resolved.

Substantive:

-3: The opening paragraph mentions "Point-to-Point, as well as
Media-Mixing
   mixers, Media- Switching mixers, and Selective Forwarding Middleboxs."
The section goes on to discuss the first two, but doesn't mention the
last two.

-5, paragraph 4: "When the media provider
   switches the MC it sends within an MCC, it MUST send the captureID
   value for the MC just switched into the MCC."

Does MUST send mean MUST send both in the RTP header and as an RTCP SDES
item, as in the previous sentence?

-5, paragraph 5:
It would be helpful to add a sentence or two clarifying the difference
between an MCC that carries multiple MCs at the same time, and one that
switch between MCs, but only carry one at a time.

Editorial:

- 1, 2nd paragraph: Please expand SSRC on first use.

-3, 2nd paragraph: Please expand SDES on first use.
-- "specified in CLUE use case [RFC7205]"
should that say "specified in the CLUE use case document [RFC7205]"?
-- "described using MCC."
missing article ("using an MCC."

-3, third paragraph: "If needed by CLUE
   endpoint,"
Missing article.

-4, 2nd paragraph: s/"slide video"/"side video"

-6, first paragraph: s/"made by"/"made up of"  ; or "comprises"

-9, 2nd paragraph: Please don't use 2119 to describe requirements from
other documents, unless in a direct quote (in quotation marks.)