Subject: path in the URI and hierarchical CNRP URIs...

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:46:00 -0400

I completely forgot to mention this earlier:

One important note about what path means in the CNRP URI is that if
there is one and we allow '/' as a character (which is the case if we
following 2396's definition of path) then we have explicitly allows
hierarchical URIs which means that relative URI rules apply and that,
if found in an HREF, that the URI Reference (that "#<tag>" stuff) applies
as well.

Are CNRP URIs truly hierarhical in a nature? What does a 'relative CNRP URI'
mean?  What does a fragment identifier mean in a CNRP URI?

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]

---

From: "Martin J. Duerst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:20:30 +0900

>mean?  What does a fragment identifier mean in a CNRP URI?

The meaning of the fragment identifier depends on the type of the
resource, not the protocol. If the resource is XML, then the
fragment identifier is an XPointer.

Regards,   Martin.