Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cnrp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:56:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Name Resolution Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : CNRP PROTOCOL SPECIFICATION
        Author(s)       : N. Popp, M. Mealling, M. Moseley
        Filename        : draft-ietf-cnrp-05.txt
        Pages           : 35
        Date            : 13-Sep-00

People often refer to things in the real world by a common name or
phrase, e.g., a trade name, company name, or a book title. These
names are sometimes easier for people to remember  and type than
URLs.  Furthermore, because of the limited syntax of URLs, companies
and individuals are finding that the ones that might be most
reasonable for their resources are being used elsewhere and so are
unavailable. For the purposes of this document, a 'common name' is a
word or a phrase, without imposed syntactic structure, that may be
associated with a resource.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cnrp-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-cnrp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cnrp-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.