Subject: final CNRP edits

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:17:10 -0400

Hi all,
  I've just about finished all of the edits I received as a result of the
Pittsburgh IETF. The one final issue that Roland brought up was the
ability to tie a status message to a particular service,resourcedescriptor,
or referral. In order to do this there are two solutions:

1) Make order mean something by saying that a given status message always
applies to the previous service, resourcedescriptor or referral

2) Add an ID to resourcedescriptor and referral and then add a reference
to that ID in the status tag.

#1 is easy but #2 is more concrete and less error prone.

If I can get this straightened out I can have this done in the next
hour or so...

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]

---

From: "Martin J. Duerst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:51:23 +0900

A third (and in XML probably cleaner) solution is to create
a new element and put the things that belong together into
such an element.

Regards,   Martin.

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:06:49 -0400

> a new element and put the things that belong together into

I thought about this and its not that they belong 'together' as in a tag
but a way of saying that one element doesn't make sense without the other.
I.e. not a container relationship but a referential relationship.
I think the way we have it more closely relfects the semantics of
what we're trying to do...

-MM