Subject: Network Solutions' CNRP Pilot is available

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:15:58 -0400

Network Solutions' CNRP Pilot Is Online!
---------------------------------------
Network Solutions' Applied Research group is announcing the availability
of its new CNRP Pilot which includes a CNRP Service, client software, and
a registration system for inserting common names into the service's database.
The pilot can be found at http://cnrp.research.netsol.com/

The pilot includes a service that has been seeded with data from the
over 8 million domain-names found in Network Solutions' registrar
domain-name database. Users can add to this database by registering
as a user and adding any common-name they desire. The database currently
supports three types of properties: categories in the form of North American
Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes, locations using ISO 3166-1
country and ISO 3166-2 region codes, and languages using RFC1766 language
codes.  Registered users have each of these parameters at their disposal for
inserting new common-names into the database.

The pilot also includes the recently demonstrated Internet Explorer plugin
that enables the user to type "go:<common name>" in the URL bar and have
access to all of their favorite CNRP services. The plugin allows the user
to register and query any number of CNRP services simultaneously. It is
written using Microsoft standard COM tools which will allow the plugin's
internal CNRP client engine to be used by any experience Visual Basic
programmer.

The future direction of the pilot includes enhancements to the database
and plugin. Future client software includes a Mozilla plugin, a set
of cross platform client libraries, and a Java implementation.

For more information please visit the pilot's website at:
http://cnrp.research.netsol.com/
or send email to [email-masked]
---------------------------------------

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions       |          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]