Subject: CNRP in contrast to UDDI?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:54:24 -0700

Has anyone done any work on comparing and contrasting CNRP with UDDI? In a
very cursory glance, it seems that they intersect slightly, and it might be
the case that a UDDI implementation making use of CNRP for name resolution
might make sense (at least technically). Anyone have any thoughts and/or are
there written-up analyses available?

thanks,

JeffH

---

From: Nicolas Popp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:49:27 -0700

>Has anyone done any work on comparing and contrasting CNRP with UDDI?
UDDI has its own lookup/search protocol based on SOAP. Had CNRP be based on
SOAP (or had CNRP be mapped to SOAP), the UDDI folks may have considered it.
I don't think that they would consider it at this late point, especially
since CNRP is not even an official RFC yet.

>it might be the case that a UDDI implementation making use of CNRP for name

>resolution might make sense

UDDI has the noption of business entity for which there are identifiers.

CNRP implicitely defines the notion of an identifier as a tuple (CN, prop1,
prop2...propN) that can uniquely identify a resource.
For example, for RealNames Keywords, such tuple would be (Keyword=cn,
prop1=locale, prop2=content_code) that uniquely identifies a company's Web
page. So, a class of UDDI identifiers could be CNRP identifiers and they
would be attached to a business entity in UDDI and searchable through
CNRP...

-Nico

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 8:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CNRP in contrast to UDDI?

thanks,

JeffH