Subject: CNRP based service?

From: Kazuo NISHIYAMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:58:19 +0900

Hello, I'm a newcomer of this ML.

I found following news.

> VeriSign Announces Breakthrough in Web Navigation
> For Tens of Millions of Users Worldwide
>
> Users can now reach Web sites via domain names in
> their own languages through Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
>
> http://corporate.verisign.com/news/2001/pr_20010620.html

Is this service uses CNRP or different technology?

---
Kazuo NISHIYAMA
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:17:23 -0400

> Is this service uses CNRP or different technology?

As Nico has pointed out, it is not using CNRP but the existing keyword
resolution relationship between RealNames and MSN. VeriSign is
investigating future protocols and systems such as this and CNRP as
possible long term solutions to the problem of internationalized
identifiers. Specifically, VeriSign Applied Research is looking at
some of the ideas in John Klensin's dns-search documents in light
of the things we've learned with our CNRP testbed
(http://cnrp.research.netsol.com).

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling                       | mailto:[email-masked]
Advanced Naming Research Manager       | go:Michael Mealling
Verisign Applied Research              | urn:pin:1