Subject: [Coin] Fwd: [arch-d] Future Internet Workshop (Globecom 2019) -- Call for Papers

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 17:41:54 -0400

Hi list:

Computing in the network is one of the topics of this workshop.

Have a wonderful week.

mjm

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [arch-d] Future Internet Workshop (Globecom 2019) -- Call for Papers
> Date: May 12, 2019 at 1:57:01 PM EDT
> To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> =====================================================================
>                            Call for Papers
>  
>                     Future Internet Workshop (FI2030)                                                            
>          Future Internet Architecture, Technologies and Services
>                           for 2030 and beyond  
>  
>                            Collocated with 
>                              the IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2019)
>                           Waikoloa, HI, USA
>                                                                                        
>                                                                          Friday, December 13, 2019
>                                                                                        
>                     Website: http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77 <http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77>
> =====================================================================
>  
> The FI2030 workshop aims to explore new network paradigms toward 2030
> and  beyond, focusing  on  the  elements  that  will  form the future
> network  architecture, applications,  protocols  and  services beyond
> the 5G/IMT-2020 vision. It is expected that the exponential growth in
> Internet of Things (IoT) and massive machine-to-machine communication,
> coupled   with  ultra-low  latency,  high  bandwidth, high  precision
> communications  and  high  availability  and reliability requirements
> of  new  breeds of future network applications, will drive the future
> Internet technologies, services and architecture.  The future network
> applications  include  multi-dimensional  information  delivery  such
> as   holographic   type  communication,  immersive  virtual  reality,
> telepresence,  tele-surgery,  and  industrial avatars. High precision
> communication  allows  packet  delivery within a given time (in-time)
> or at a precise moment (on-time).
>  
> It  is  necessary to revisit and rethink the architectures, protocols
> and  services  that  form  the  foundation  of  the  current Internet
> and  come up with a disruptive approach to networking that fit better
> future applications.
>  
> The  FI2030  workshop  aims  to  bring together academic and industry
> researchers  in  various fields of networking to identify and discuss
> technical  challenges, use  cases  and  future  possibilities for new
> networking  paradigms  that  are  not  restricted by existing notions
> of network layers or to any particular technologies of today.
>  
> =================
> Conference topics
> =================
> Given  the  nature  of the workshop, forward-thinking submissions are
> welcomed on any of the following topics:
> - Novel Network Architectures,  Protocols,  Technologies and Services
> - Autonomous and Self-Governed Internet Architectures
> - Quality of Service  and  Quality  of Experience for Future Internet
> - Multi-Dimensional Information Delivery
> - High-Precision and Communication Services
> - Qualitative  Communication Services which can tolerate partial loss
> of information while maintaining high QoE in real-time
> - Intent-Based Networking
> - Service Provider Requirements and Use Cases
> - Security, Privacy and Trust-based Networking
> - Artificial Intelligence in Network Operation and Management
> - Blockchain in Future Internet Architecture
> - Cloud/Edge/Fog/Mist Computing integration in Future Internet
> - In-Network Computing
>  
> ====================
> Submission guideline
> ====================
> Prospective   authors   are   invited  to submit  full-length  papers
> (up to six pages including figures and references) following the IEEE
> conference paper format via EDAS (https://edas.info/N26282 <https://edas.info/N26282>)
>  
> All  the  accepted  papers  need  to  be  presented  at the workshop.
> They   will   be   included  in  the  workshop  proceedings  as  well
> as IEEE Xplore.
>  
> More details are available at: http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77 <http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77>
>  
> ===============
> Important Dates
> ===============
> Paper submission:        30 June 2019
> Acceptance notification: 15 August 2019
> Camera-ready submission: 15 September 2019
>  
> ===========================
> FI2030 Organizing Committee
> ===========================
> General Co-Chairs
>  
> Mohammad Asad Rehman Chaudhry, Soptimizer, Canada
> Hesham ElBakoury, Futurewei Technologies Inc, USA
>  
> Technical Co-Chairs
>  
> Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy
> Shahram S. Heydari, Uni.  of  Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
> Mohamed Faten Zhani, ÉTS Montreal,Canada
> Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, University of La Rochelle, France
> Abdelhamid Mellouk, University of Paris-Est (UPEC), France
>  
> ==================
> Technical Sponsors
> ==================
> - IEEE  ComSoc  Technical  Committee  on  Information  Infrastructure
> and Networking (TCIIN)
> - IEEE   ComSoc   Technical   Committee  on  Communication  Switching
> and Routing (TC-CSR)
> - IEEE  P1916.1 Standard Working Group on Software Defined Networking
> and Network Function Virtualization Performance (SDN-PVE)
> _______________________________________________
> Architecture-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss>

---

From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 21:50:01 +0000

Thanks Marie
Indeed. In-network computing is an important topic.
Hesham

From: Coin [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Marie-Jose Montpetit
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Coin] Fwd: [arch-d] Future Internet Workshop (Globecom 2019) -- Call for Papers
Importance: High

Hi list:

Have a wonderful week.

mjm

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [arch-d] Future Internet Workshop (Globecom 2019) -- Call for Papers
Date: May 12, 2019 at 1:57:01 PM EDT
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

                           Collocated with

                    Website: http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77
=====================================================================

=================
Conference topics
=================

====================
Submission guideline
====================
Prospective   authors   are   invited  to submit  full-length  papers
(up to six pages including figures and references) following the IEEE
conference paper format via EDAS (https://edas.info/N26282)

More details are available at: http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77

===============
Important Dates
===============

Technical Co-Chairs

==================
Technical Sponsors
==================
- IEEE  ComSoc  Technical  Committee  on  Information  Infrastructure
and Networking (TCIIN)
- IEEE   ComSoc   Technical   Committee  on  Communication  Switching
and Routing (TC-CSR)
- IEEE  P1916.1 Standard Working Group on Software Defined Networking
and Network Function Virtualization Performance (SDN-PVE)
_______________________________________________
Architecture-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss