Subject: [Coin] Fwd: Re: Follow-up

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 03:51:41 -0700

The CFP below could be interesting to some of you.

mjm

*IEEE Internet of Things Journal - Special Issue on **Internet of Food:
Emerging Trend and Challenges*

The Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming increasingly prevalent in the food
domain. The food industry and the agriculture depend on safer and smarter
systems, able to produce high-quality food. Augmented and mixed reality
environments can allow food manufacturers to better manage their inventory
through eye sensors and spatial mapping. Individuals’ health - mostly
related to food - can be monitored thanks to smart scales and wearable
devices. Even cooking and eating can benefit from IoT devices, with things
able to deliver food morsels via acoustic levitation to explore new tastes,
or blended environments designed for multisensorial experience, to enable
learning and allow for creative personalization. The purpose of this
special issue is to provide the academic and industrial communities a venue
covering all aspects of state-of-the-art approached, methods, and systems
at the crossing of food and IoT, to advance their joint applications.

*Topics of interests include (but are not limited to) the following:*

   - Innovative IoT applications for food production, storage, and delivery
   - Data-driven, real-time, large scale, food policy decision making
   systems
   - Mixed reality solutions for educating people about food consumption,
   preparation, and waste
   - Novel devices for enabling a multisensorial food experience
   - IoT systems for health and wellbeing issues, related to food
   - Cyber-physical-social systems for preventing or reducing food wasting
   - Novel systems for optimizing animal health, production chains
   transparency and traceability
   - IoT for a sustainable food value chain
   - Smart eating at home and at the restaurant
   - Augmenting humans and food: IoT inside and on the body
   - IoT for physiological measurements and customization with food

*Important Dates*

Submission Deadline: December 1, 2019

First Round Review Due: February 15, 2020

Revision Due: April 1, 2020

Acceptance Notification: May 1, 2020

Final Manuscript Due: May 15, 2020

Publication Date: 2020

*Submission Guidelines*

Authors need to follow the manuscript format and allowable number of pages
described at: http://ieee-iotj.org/guidelines-for-authors/. To submit a
manuscript for consideration for the special issue, please visit the
journal submission website at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/iot and
select the special issue. Please, also refer to the title of the special
issue in the cover letter.

*Guest Editors*

   - Luigi De Russis, Politecnico di Torino, Italy ([email-masked]
   )
   - Masahiko Inami, University of Tokyo, Japan (
   [email-masked])
   - Ramesh Jain, University of California Irvine, California, USA (
   [email-masked])
   - Marianna Obrist, University of Sussex, United Kingdom (
   [email-masked])