Subject: [Coin] CfP 1st Workshop on Flexible Network Data Plane Processing. (NETPROC 2020) November 22th

From: "Diego R. Lopez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 21:48:21 +0000

Hi,

In the hope this is of interest to you, and with all due apologies for any multiple posting...

8<

Call for Papers

1st Workshop on Flexible Network Data Plane Processing. (NETPROC 2020)

During the last few years SDN and NFV technologies have been shaping the ways
new telecommunication services and applications are deployed and managed. We
have seen how dedicated equipment interconnected by static networks are being
replaced by CoTS equipment running NFV solutions that in turn, make profit of a
flexible and reconfigurable SDN-based networks.

We are observing that applications that require high performance network data
management and processing are shifting from traditional Virtual Machine based
solutions to new paradigms that cover a broad set of approaches, sometimes
referred to as NFV acceleration solutions. All of them have in common the
objective of improving the network processing performance, flexibility and cost
either by trimming the number and complexity of traditional operating system
software components, by bypassing traditional network stack processing or by
offloading processing to reconfigurable or programmable hardware network
data-planes. Moreover, an efficient network data plane processing will not only
improve applications but will foster the appearance of new applications, as well
as pave the way for new mechanisms supporting a seamless integration of network,
compute and storage services, in what is being termed as “in-network computing”.

The complete challenge involves not only providing the low-level techniques but
also but also building an overall approach to package and manage these
techniques and facilitate their adoption by the industry. In this sense,
proposals that could become compatible with software-network orchestration and
automation techniques (such as those proposed by ETSI NFV architectural
framework or IETF SFC, to name a couple of the most relevant current
standardization approaches) are of particular interest.

We solicit papers that investigate novel approaches to Flexible Network Data
Plane Processing. Possible topics include but are not limited to:

- Hardware Network Data Plane Processing: P4 and beyond.
- Software Data Plane programming: eBPF, XDP, DPDK, ODP, AF-XDP…
- Advanced applications of Network Data Plane Processing.
- Integration of in network processing in general NFV and SDN architectures
- Security management, development and implications of Network Data Plane
  Processing.
- Hybrid (network/host based) VNFs and supporting architectures.
- Performance evaluation and optimization.
- Stateful data plane processing.
- Cloudifying the Network Data Plane Processing.
- Supporting architectures.
- Improving the security of Network Data Plane Processing architectures,
  services and applications.

Submission instructions

Main track: Submitted papers must be original work, not under review at other
journals/conferences, and may comprise a maximum of 6 A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) pages
in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of 10 pt. Papers
should be submitted electronically using the EDAS online submission system. All
accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors.

Demo track: Submitted papers must be original work, not under review at other
journals/conferences, and may comprise a maximum of 4 A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) pages
in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of 10 pt. Papers
should be submitted electronically using the EDAS online submission system. All
accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors, who must run the
demonstration at the workshop.
Important dates
- Paper submission deadline: November 22nd 2019
- Notification of acceptance: December 16th 2019
- Camera-ready due: January 10th 2020

Proceedings

Papers accepted for NETPROC 2019 will be included in the conference proceedings
and IEEE Xplore. The IEEE reserves the right to remove any paper from IEEE

Xplore if the paper is not presented at the workshop.

More information
Available on https://www.icin-conference.org/netproc-2020/

--
"Esta vez no fallaremos, Doctor Infierno"

Dr Diego R. Lopez
Telefonica I+D
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr2lopez/

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel:         +34 913 129 041
Mobile:  +34 682 051 091
----------------------------------

________________________________

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario, puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si no es usted. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización puede estar prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu destinatário, pode conter informação privilegiada ou confidencial e é para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se não é vossa senhoria o destinatário indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura, utilização, divulgação e/ou cópia sem autorização pode estar proibida em virtude da legislação vigente. Se recebeu esta mensagem por erro, rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e proceda a sua destruição