Subject: [Coin] Fwd: [CVML] Special session on Edge and Fog computing in The 2020 IEEE 6th World Forum on The Internet of Things (WF-IoT 2020): Call for papers

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 02:50:24 -0800

Another conference of interest to this group.

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
Research Affiliate, MIT Media Laboratory
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

On November 28, 2019 at 11:48:48 AM, Tuan Nguyen ([email-masked])
wrote:

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

******************************************************

Special session on *Edge and Fog computing* in

The 2020 IEEE 6th World Forum on The Internet of Things (WF-IoT 2020)

                  5-9
April 2020 // New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

https://wfiot2020.iot.ieee.org/authors-proposers-call-for-special-sessions-special-sessions-track2/

Call for papers:

IoT is the new revolution in the Internet in which objects, machines,
humans, sensors, and the like are connected through the Internet
technology. IoT has enabled the development of a vast number of
applications (e-health, industry 4.0, smart-city, intelligent
transportation system, etc). Nevertheless, IoT has created arduous
challenges. In the legacy network, data are gathered and processed using
cloud computing technology. However, the latency along with the power
consumption and bandwidth scarcity has enabled the development of the Edge
and Fog computing. Edge / Fog computing is a paradigm shift in which data
are processed at the edge of the network. Edge/Fog computing not only
brings benefits of Cloud computing but also supports unfit features for
improving quality of services such as network bandwidth saving, latency
reducing and energy efficiency. This special session is intended to discuss
recent work in fog and edge computing.  We are soliciting paper for
following topics:

   - Edge/ Fog computing architecture for IoT
   - Application of Edge/ Fog computing
   - Computational offloading to Fog layer
   - Mobile Edge computing for IoT systems
   - Data processing and data fusion in Edge/Fog computing
   - Edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Fog computing
   - Edge/Fog-based body sensor networks
   - Scalable/parallel/distributed lightweight algorithms in Edge/Fog
   computing and IoT
   - Reprogrammable and reconfigurable embedded hardware for Edge/Fog
   computing and IoT
   - Edge/Fog computing for resource allocation
   - Fault tolerance, reliability and scalability methods in Edge/Fog
   computing and IoT
   - Security in Edge/Fog computing and IoT
   - Advanced Fog services for mobility support and data synchronization
   - Big data analysis in Fog computing

*Special Session Organizers*

   - Tuan Nguyen Gia, University of Turku, Finland
   - Tomi Westerlund, University of Turku, Finland
   - Imed Ben Dhaou, University of Monastir, Tunisia

* Submission*

All submissions have to comply with IEEE’s guidelines. Paper length
is maximum 6 pages, including figures, tables & references. Detailed
instruction is in : https://wfiot2020.iot.ieee.org/authors-proposers/
The submission URL is : https://epapers.org/wf-iot2020
* Important Dates*

Paper submission deadline: January 3, 2020

Acceptance Notification: *February  3, 2020*

Computer Vision and Machine Learning (CVML) email list www page:
https://lists.auth.gr/sympa/info/cvml

1) To post a message (in English) to CVML please: send an email to
[email-masked] with subject: [Topic] Your_subject
[Topic] should be one of the following ones: [Jobs], [Conferences],
[Journals], [Courses], [Studies], [News].
2) To subscribe (for free) to this Computer Vision and Machine Learning
(CVML) email list and send/receive scientific messages/news, please:
send an empty email to [email-masked] with subject: subscribe
[email-masked] your_name
3) To unsubscribe any time, send an empty email to [email-masked] with
subject: unsubscribe [email-masked]
4) If you have any questions related to CVML list please contact:
[email-masked] List moderation is supervised by Prof. I.Pitas (
[email-masked]).