Subject: [Coin] Fw: [EDAS-CFP] NETPROC 2020 - (1st Workshop on Flexible Network Data Plane Processing (NETPROC 2020)) - Submission Deadline is approaching!!

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:22:05 +0000

Could be of interest to people on this list.

Marie-José

On November 10, 2019 at 12:06:40 PM, [email-masked] (
[email-masked]) wrote:

[You are receiving this call-for-papers from EDAS, based on your user
profile. To unsubscribe from call-for-paper messages such as this one, go
to "My profile" and update your areas of interest (link at top of page -
http://edas.info/editAreaInterest.php ).]

(Apologies if you received duplicate copies of this CFP)

**********************************************************************************

CALL FOR PAPERS - NETPROC 2020 @ICIN 2020 - Submission Deadline is
approaching!!

1st Workshop on Flexible Network Data Plane Processing
February 24-27, 2020 - Paris, France
https://www.icin-conference.org/netproc-2020/
Paper submission due: November 22, 2019

Best regards

Eduardo Jacob and Marie-Jose Montpetit

co-chairs of the Workshop

**********************************************************************************

Call for Papers

1st Workshop on Flexible Network Data Plane Processing. (NETPROC 2020)

During the last few years SDN and NFV technologies have been shaping the
ways
new telecommunication services and applications are deployed and managed.
We
have seen how dedicated equipment interconnected by static networks are
being
replaced by CoTS equipment running NFV solutions that in turn, make profit
of a
flexible and reconfigurable SDN-based networks.

We are observing that applications that require high performance network
data
management and processing are shifting from traditional Virtual Machine
based
solutions to new paradigms that cover a broad set of approaches, sometimes
referred to as NFV acceleration solutions. All of them have in common the
objective of improving the network processing performance, flexibility and
cost
either by trimming the number and complexity of traditional operating
system
software components, by bypassing traditional network stack processing or
by
offloading processing to reconfigurable or programmable hardware network
data-planes. Moreover, an efficient network data plane processing will not
only
improve applications but will foster the appearance of new applications, as
well
as pave the way for new mechanisms supporting a seamless integration of
network,
compute and storage services, in what is being termed as “in-network
computing”.

The complete challenge involves not only providing the low-level techniques
but
also but also building an overall approach to package and manage these
techniques and facilitate their adoption by the industry. In this sense,
proposals that could become compatible with software-network orchestration
and
automation techniques (such as those proposed by ETSI NFV architectural
framework or IETF SFC, to name a couple of the most relevant current
standardization approaches) are of particular interest.

We solicit papers that investigate novel approaches to Flexible Network
Data
Plane Processing. Possible topics include but are not limited to:

- Hardware Network Data Plane Processing: P4 and beyond.
- Software Data Plane programming: eBPF, XDP, DPDK, ODP, AF-XDP…
- Advanced applications of Network Data Plane Processing.
- Integration of in network processing in general NFV and SDN architectures
- Security management, development and implications of Network Data Plane
Processing.
- Hybrid (network/host based) VNFs and supporting architectures.
- Performance evaluation and optimization.
- Stateful data plane processing.
- Cloudifying the Network Data Plane Processing.
- Supporting architectures.
- Improving the security of Network Data Plane Processing architectures,
services and applications.

Submission instructions

Main track: Submitted papers must be original work, not under review at
other
journals/conferences, and may comprise a maximum of 6 A4 (210 mm x 297 mm)
pages
in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of 10 pt. Papers
should be submitted electronically using the EDAS online submission system.
All
accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors.

Demo track: Submitted papers must be original work, not under review at
other
journals/conferences, and may comprise a maximum of 4 A4 (210 mm x 297 mm)
pages
in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of 10 pt. Papers
should be submitted electronically using the EDAS online submission system.
All
accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors, who must run the
demonstration at the workshop.

Important dates
- Paper submission deadline: November 22nd 2019
- Notification of acceptance: December 16th 2019
- Camera-ready due: January 10th 2020

Proceedings

Papers accepted for NETPROC 2019 will be included in the conference
proceedings
and IEEE Xplore. The IEEE reserves the right to remove any paper from IEEE
Xplore if the paper is not presented at the workshop.

More information

Available on https://www.icin-conference.org/netproc-2020/