Subject: [Coin] Fwd: [IRTF-Announce] IETF 108 will be an online meeting

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 22:04:43 +0000

No real surprise here but a confirmation.

More to come on how we intend to hold our meetings.

mjm

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
[email-masked]

On May 14, 2020 at 5:09:55 PM, IETF Chair ([email-masked]) wrote:

The Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), the IETF LLC Board of
Directors, and the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF) Chair have decided
to replace the in-person IETF 108 Madrid meeting with an online meeting.
This decision is based on the IETF Executive Director’s recommendation,
which was made after conducting an assessment of local conditions using the
criteria set out in the assessment framework [1] developed with community
input.

The recommendation and full assessment are available at:
https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/IETF_108_Madrid_go_no-go_assessment.pdf

The online IETF 108 meeting will take place 27-31 July from 11:00 to 16:00
UTC each day. The end time of 16:00 UTC is approximate; some days may be
shorter depending on scheduling. These time blocks were chosen based on the
survey feedback [2] we received.

Further details about the online meeting will be shared as they become
available.

Sincerely,
Alissa Cooper, IETF Chair
Colin Perkins, IRTF Chair
Jason Livingood, IETF LLC Board Chair

[1]
https://www.ietf.org/blog/assessment-criteria-decision-personvirtual-ietf-108/?

[2]
https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/survey-planning-possible-online-meetings-responses.pdf