Subject: [Coin] 3rd P4 Workshop in Europe (EuroP4) -- Call for Papers

From: Tamas Levai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 10:50:32 +0200

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                   3rd P4 Workshop in Europe (EuroP4)

                           Call For Papers

EuroP4 will be held on December 1st, 2020 at Barcelona, Spain, in
conjunction with CoNEXT 2020.

The 3rd P4 Workshop in Europe (EuroP4) will bring together networking
researchers to discuss cutting-edge, P4-based, research. The workshop
provides a venue for P4-based research and projects, a place to discuss
P4-based tools, and the research community needs. The workshop aims to
forge connections between researchers, introduce more networking
researchers to the P4 community, and seed future top-tier publications
and innovation.

* TOPICS OF INTEREST *

We solicit original, previously unpublished ideas on P4-based research
and engineering work, and work-in-progress reports in the form of short
papers. We further encourage papers that propose new research directions
or that could stimulate lively debate at the workshop. We invite
submissions on a wide range of topics of interest, including, but not
limited to:

- All aspects of P4-based network protocol research, including design,
   specification, verification, implementation, measurement, testing, and
   analysis.
- Design, analysis, and evaluation of network architectures using P4 as
   a basis, e.g., specific algorithms and protocols for network
   virtualization or future Internet architectures.
- New applications enabled by P4, including in-network computing and Big
   Data, Video and Virtual Reality, Mobile and Wireless Network Protocols
   and Applications, Ubiquitous computing, Internet-of-Things and Smart
   Cities.
- Secure, reliable and dependable P4-based systems, including all
   aspects of monitoring, verification, debugging and troubleshooting
   networks enabled by P4.
- P4-based and P4-NetFPGA based programmable data planes.
- P4 end-host networking, offloading transport- and application-layer
   protocols to P4-enabled hardware.
- Tools and frameworks for development using P4.
- Contributions to the evolution of the P4 language.

* IMPORTANT DATES *

Abstract registration: Tuesday September 1st, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)
Submission deadline: Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)
       (hard deadline, no extensions will be given)
Acceptance notification: Monday, October 5th, 2020
Posters and demos deadline: Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)
Posters and demos notification: Monday, October 5th, 2020
Camera ready: Monday, October 26th, 2020 (11:59PM AoE)

*  PARTICIPATION *

There are currently significant statutory lockdowns and travel
restrictions in-place in many parts of the world. We are closely
monitoring the situation, and working in collaboration with CoNext’20 to
decide on the workshop’s mode. Please follow updates on CoNEXT 2020 and
our website.

* SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS *

EuroP4 solicits full-length technical papers of 6 pages and short
poster/demo papers as 2 page extended abstracts. Submissions should
adhere to the ACM formatting requirements (2-column, 10pt ACM
format). EuroP4 will use a double-blind review process.

Authors are required to present accepted papers at the workshop in order
for the paper to appear in the proceedings and the ACM digital
library. Exceptions from this policy for truly mitigating situations
must be approved by the TPC Chairs before the beginning of the workshop.

* SUBMISSION WEBSITE *

https://europ4-20.hotcrp.com

* WORKSHOP WEBSITE *

https://p4.org/events/2020-12-01-euro-p4-workshop

* Workshop Organizers *

General Chairs
Noa Zilberman, University of Oxford
Robert Soulé, Yale University

Program Chairs
Fernando Ramos, University of Lisbon
Gabor Retvari, Budapest University of Technology and Economics

Web and publications Chair
Salvatore Signorello, University of Lisbon

Publicity Chair
Tamas Levai, Budapest University of Technology and Economics

* CONTACT US *

If you have any questions please email the TPC co-chairs: Fernando Ramos
<[email-masked]> and Gabor Retvari <[email-masked]>.