Subject: [Coin] NetDev: Nick McKeown on "Creating an End-to-End Programming Model for Packet Forwarding"

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 17:35:05 +0200

Might be of interest:

---------------

Imagine a world where the owner of a large network can express the 
behavior they want in their network using a high-level language. The 
desired programmatic intent is then partitioned and compiled to run on 
different available network elements that make up the network, ranging 
from the end-host Linux user-space and kernel stack, vSwitch, physical 
NICs and switches.

How can we work together to get there? Several great techniques and 
languages exist for expressing packet forwarding behavior. In this 
keynote talk Nick will explore how we might work toward this vision, 
hopefully leading to some healthy debate and discussion.

https://netdevconf.info/0x14/session.html?keynote-mckeown

---

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 08:38:01 -0700

Thanks.

mjm

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
[email-masked]

On July 22, 2020 at 11:35:30 AM, Dirk Kutscher ([email-masked]) wrote:

Might be of interest:
------------------------------

Imagine a world where the owner of a large network can express the behavior
they want in their network using a high-level language. The desired
programmatic intent is then partitioned and compiled to run on different
available network elements that make up the network, ranging from the
end-host Linux user-space and kernel stack, vSwitch, physical NICs and
switches.

How can we work together to get there? Several great techniques and
languages exist for expressing packet forwarding behavior. In this keynote
talk Nick will explore how we might work toward this vision, hopefully
leading to some healthy debate and discussion.

https://netdevconf.info/0x14/session.html?keynote-mckeown
-- 
Coin mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/coin

---

From: "Ciavaglia, Laurent (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 15:39:03 +0000

And to NMRG too 😉

Thanks for sharing the link.

Best regards,
-Laurent

From: Coin <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dirk Kutscher
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 17:35
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Coin] NetDev: Nick McKeown on "Creating an End-to-End Programming Model for Packet Forwarding"

Might be of interest:

________________________________

Imagine a world where the owner of a large network can express the behavior they want in their network using a high-level language. The desired programmatic intent is then partitioned and compiled to run on different available network elements that make up the network, ranging from the end-host Linux user-space and kernel stack, vSwitch, physical NICs and switches.

How can we work together to get there? Several great techniques and languages exist for expressing packet forwarding behavior. In this keynote talk Nick will explore how we might work toward this vision, hopefully leading to some healthy debate and discussion.